The mission of Oak Park Elementary School District 97 is to guarantee that each student achieves optimal intellectual growth while developing socially, emotionally, and physically through a system distinguished by:
- Exemplary instruction focused on each student
- Commitment to the needs of a diverse population
- Meaningful partnerships with families and the community
- Celebrations of the power of art, music, and language
- Confident students challenged to be educational risk-takers
Oak Park Elementary School District 97 will be nationally recognized for preparing students to pursue college and career opportunities through purposeful and respectful learning experiences.
About District 97
District 97 is the public school district located in Oak Park, Illinois. The district has eight elementary schools and two middle schools, provides a well-rounded education to more than 5500 students in kindergarten through eighth grade, and employs more than 470 highly qualified certified teachers. It is among the nine percent of public school districts in the state that regularly earns a Bright Red Apple Award. The award is based on academic performance, pupil/teacher ratio, operating expenditure per pupil, educational level of teachers and average teacher salary.
Please use the links below to learn more about District 97 and Oak Park.