Children eligible to begin kindergarten must be 5 years old by September 1, 2014.
Registration will take place at the District 97 Administration Building, 970 Madison Street. (please enter at Madison Street entrance). Children are welcome but need not be present at registration.
Documents Required for Kindergarten Registration:
Partial documentation will not be accepted.
You must present all documents at the time of registration.
- Student's Birth Certificate
- Guardian Picture ID
- Anyone with a Custody Order seeking to enroll a student must present a court order agreement, a judgment or decree that awards or gives custody of the student to any person, including divorce decrees to one or both parents.
And any ONE of the following:
- Current mortgage/closing papers
- Property tax bill or 1098 form
Signed and dated lease with proof of most recent rent payment; if current lease expires before the first day of school, a new lease must be presented at the District Office in order for the student
to begin school.
- Letter of residency from landlord in lieu of lease (5111-F1)
Letter of residency to be used when the person seeking to enroll
a student is living with a district resident (5111-F2)
And any FOUR of the following; ALL MUST LIST OAK PARK ADDRESS:
- Illinois vehicle registration
- Oak Park vehicle sticker receipt
- Voter registration card
- Most recent cable or credit card bill
- Current public aid/medical card
- Current proof of homeowners/renters insurance
- Utility bill (gas, water, electric)
- Bank statement
- Illinois driver's license/Illinois state ID
- U.S. mail received at Oak Park residence
Physical/immunization record on Illinois DHS form dated within one year prior to start date of school year; not required at time of registration but must be submitted by August 25, 2014, the first day of school.
Homeless Children/Undocumented Immigrants: We are a source of information on the legal rights of registering homeless children and undocumented immigrants. Please contact our Registrar/Homeless Liaison: Jamee Cichosz, 708-524-3012