District 97 Administration Building:
970 Madison St., Oak Park, IL 60302
Requirements for Registration
Partial documentation will not be accepted.
You must present all documents at the time of registration.
When registering bring the following:
- Student's birth certificate or other reliable proof of the child's identify and age*
- Parent/Guardian picture ID
Custody documents (if applicable): court order agreement, judgement,
or decree that gives custody of the child to any person, including
divource decrees to one or both parents.
- Illinois State “Good Standing” Transfer Form (Students transferring from Illinois public schools, grades 1-8)
Current physical/immunization record on the Illinois Depart of Human Services (DHS) Form.
Attention Parents of Students Entering Kindergarten:
A physical/immunization record is not required at the time of registration; it must be
turned in at the student's school to the school nurse by the first day of school; August 26th, 2013.
*Parent/guardians must submit an affidavit explaining the inability to provide a copy of the birth certificate within 30 days of enrollment.
Student Transfers from Illinois Public Schools (grades 1-8)
must provide the Illinois State "Good Standing"
Transfer form (IL state law)
AND any ONE of the following:
- Current mortgage/ current closing papers
- Property tax bill or 1098 form
Signed and dated lease with proof of most recent rent payment
- Letter of residency from landlord in lieu of lease (5111-F1)
- Letter of residency to be used when the person seeking to enroll a student is living with a district resident (5111-F2)
AND any FOUR of the following:
- Illinois vehicle registration
- Oak Park vehicle sticker receipt
- Voter registration
- Most recent cable or credit card bill
- Current public aid card
- Current homeowner/renters insurance and premium payment receipt
- Utility bill (gas, electric, or water)
- Bank statement
- Illinois driver's license/ Illinois State ID
- U.S. mail received at residence
Homeless Children/ Undocumented Immigrants:
We are a source of information on the legal rights of registering homeless children and undocumented immigrants.
Please contact our homeless liaison: Jamee Cichosz at 708-524-3012.
If you have any questions, please contact the district office at 708-524-3000.
Children need not be present at the time of registration.