District 97 Administration Building:
970 Madison St., Oak Park, IL 60302
To make an appointment to register a student please call:
Requirements for Registration
When registering bring the following:
- Student's Birth Certificate
- Parent/Guardian Picture ID
Custody Documents (if applicable): court order agreement, judgement,
or decree that gives custody of the child to any person, including
divorce decrees to one or both parents.
- Illinois State “Good Standing” Transfer Form; Students transferring from Illinois Public Schools (grades 1-8) must provide the Illinois State "Good Standing" Transfer form (IL state law).
- Current physical/immunization record on the Illinois Depart of Human Services Form (DHS Form).
AND any ONE of the following:
- Current mortgage/ current closing papers
- Property tax bill or 1098 form
Signed and dated lease with proof of most recent rent payment
- Letter of residency from landlord in lieu of lease (5111-F1)
- Letter of residency to be used when the person seeking to enroll a student is living with a district resident (5111-F2)
AND any FOUR of the following (must contain Oak Park address):
- Illinois vehicle registration
- Oak Park vehicle sticker receipt
- Voter registration
- Most recent cable or credit card bill
- Current public aid card
- Current homeowner/renters insurance and premium payment receipt
- Utility bill (gas, electric, or water)
- Bank statement
- Illinois driver's license/ Illinois State ID
- U.S. mail received at residence
Partial documentation will not be accepted.
You must present all documents at the time of registration.
Homeless Children/ Undocumented Immigrants:
We are a source of information on the legal rights of registering homeless children and undocumented immigrants.
Please contact our homeless liaison: Jamee Cichosz at 708-524-3012.
If you have any questions, please contact the district office at 708-524-3000.
Children need not be present at the time of registration.