Kindergarten and New Student Registration for 2015-16

Requirements for Registration

  • Only individuals who are current Oak Park residents can register a child in District 97.
  • A child must be five years old on or before September 1, 2015 (i.e., born on or before September 1, 2010) to be eligible for enrollment in kindergarten.
  • This process is only required for students who are entering kindergarten or are new to District 97. Families do not need to register students who are already enrolled in the district and will be entering grades one through eight during the 2015-16 school year.

Steps for Registration

  • Click here to create an InfoSnap user account and fill out an application for your child. While the application does not need to be completed in one sitting, we strongly recommend finishing it in a timely fashion so we can expedite the registration process as quickly and efficiently as possible.
  • After you submit the application for your child, you will be taken to a page with information about scheduling an appointment to complete the registration process. During this appointment, you will be asked to present the documentation listed below. Please note that a parent/guardian does not need to be the person who attends the appointment and provides the required documentation. Instead, a family has the option of sending a representative (e.g., relative, child care provider, etc.) to complete this step in the process.

Documentation for Registration

The following documents are required when registering a student for school in District 97:

  • Student’s official birth certificate
  • Parent/guardian picture ID
  • Current physical/immunization record on the Illinois Department of Human Services (DHS) form
  • Illinois State “Good Standing” transfer form (only required of students transferring from an Illinois public school, grades one through eight)
  • Custody documents (if applicable): court order, agreement, judgment, or decree that gives custody of the child to any person

AND any ONE of the following:

  • Current mortgage/closing documents
  • Property tax bill or 1098 form
  • Signed and dated lease with proof of most recent rent payment
  • Letter of residency from landlord in lieu of a lease (form 5111-F1)
  • Letter of residency to be used when the person seeking to enroll a student lives with an Oak Park resident (form 5111-F2)

Plus any THREE of the following that must show the current Oak Park address:

  • Illinois vehicle registration
  • Illinois driver’s license/ Illinois State ID
  • Oak Park vehicle sticker receipt
  • Voter registration card
  • Current cable or credit card bill
  • Current public aid card
  • Current proof of homeowners/renters insurance
  • Current utility bill (gas, electric, or water)
  • Current bank statement
  • Current piece if U.S. mail received at Oak Park residence

Homeless Children/ Undocumented Immigrants:
We are a source of information on the legal rights of registering homeless children and undocumented immigrants.
Please contact our homeless liaison: Jamee Cichosz at 708-524-3012.