Julian School Service Learning
Service Learning provides a curriculum and activities to foster community service and to encourage students to volunteer services to the community. Students work for such causes as food pantries, PADS shelters, adopt-a-family, Hines veterans, Ronald MacDonald House, and Kids March for Homeless Kids. The biggest activity is in May when students have an opportunity to do an “extreme makeover” through agencies providing housing for the disabled.
Thank you for joining the fight to stop world hunger. Don't forget to follow these simple steps in order to walk on May 5th!
1. Get a permission slip from your advisory teacher.
2. Register on-line. If you made it here you are half way there!
3. Have your parents help you fill out the registration information and sign the permission slip.
4. Raise some money through family and close friends.
5. Bring your signed permission slip to the walk on May 5th.
Remember the school's goal is to do better than last year and last year, Julian Middle School had 34 walkers who raised $2,030.99!!!