Longfellow Library Media Center
Welcome to the Longfellow Library Home Page! Click calendar link, under Online Catalog-Destiny, to check the weekly class schedule. Students from K-5 visit our library for 30 minutes each week. This is the regular time for students to exchange library books. We enjoy stories, thematic lessons, and learn about how libraries work during class visits.
<Look for links to the online catalog, research, calendar and others on the left sidebar! <
Bluestem Award: 3rd-5th Grade
- 3rd-5th grade students who read 4 or more books from the Bluestem List may vote for a favorite.
- The 20 titles: BLUESTEM AWARD 2018 Nominees
- Voting takes place in early March.
Monarch Book Award K-3rd Grade
- K-2nd graders vote for the Monarch Award. We read 5 books in class, so every student will vote. 3rd Graders must read some books themselves.
- The 20 titles: MONARCH 2018 AWARD Nominees
- 2017 State Winner: Gaston- by Kelly DiPucchio
- 2017 Longfellow School Winner:
Rebecca Caudill Young Readers: 4th-8th Grade
- Rebecca Caudill Young Readers Book Award is for students from 4th-8th grade. 4th-5th graders at Longfellow who read 3 or more books from the list may vote in February.
- The 20 titles: 2018 REBECCA CAUDILL AWARD
5th Grade READING OLYMPICS: Left Sidebar
*Parents and students may access the school's online catalog and other resources by clicking the links on the left sidebar, or using student iPad links.
*The Calendar link on the LEFT sidebar provides easy access to the library schedule so you can help your student 'be responsible' by having books ready to return on library day. I suggest you choose the "Week" view using the tab on the calendar.
Below are required Links for Discipline, Classroom Visits, and Anti-Bullying: