Welcome to GBMS Choir, Piano, and Barbershop, Beautyshop, and Shoppettes!
Rehearsal Tracks for the Spring Choral Concert
Welcome to the Gwendolyn Brooks Middle School Choral and Piano Programs!
I am delighted to be working with you and your student this year! The music program at Brooks is designed to help each student improve their own musical skills, expand their musical knowledge and understanding, and provide opportunities for students to grow personally and musically through musical rehearsals and performances.
This is where you can visit to learn all of the important information about what is going on in our classroom and at school. I hope you are able to find everything that you need, keeping you informed of the procedures, events, and learning activities for the 2012-2013 school year. I look forward to working with you and your student.
End of the Year Chorus Announcements
1. The Spring Concert is Thursday, May 23rd beginning at 7:00 p.m. All students in chorus need to report to their rooms at 6:25 p.m. All Barbershop, Beautyshop and Shoppette students need to be mic'ed and in the auditorium by 5:45 p.m.
2. Concert dress: 6th and 7th graders--Black pants/Long skirt and colorful top. Gentlemen need collared shirts and black pants.
8th Graders--Have the option of dressing up.
Girls- May wear pants or dresses/skirts (below the knee) of choice.
Guys-Dress up--Dress pants and collared shirt of choice.
3. All work is due by Friday, May 24th at 3:30 p.m.--No exceptions! This includes concert observations and Week 37 Practice Records.
4. The last week for practice records is Week 37. Week 37 was due TODAY, Monday, May 20th. Students on field trips today will get to turn it in tomorrow during class without late penalty.
5. All Music and BRAVO folders need to be returned to Mrs. Albers as soon as possible. The deadline is Tuesday, May 22nd to not be charged for missing items. I will be inputting these items into the grade book on Friday, May 24th. Please check the grade book to see if your student has turned in these items.
Click here for Important Barbershop, Beautyshop and Shoppettes Pasta Night Reminders and Upcoming Calendar