Registration Information for New District 97 Students
August 14, 2012
Below is important information for Oak Park parents/guardians who have students that are new to District 97 and still need to be registered for the 2012-2013 school year.
- You need to complete the registration process if your child is new to District 97, or if you are a renter and have been asked by the district to provide a current lease. Parents/guardians of current District 97 students need to report any changes in address or legal custody to the registrar as soon as possible. The registrar can be reached via phone at (708) 524-3000 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Although the final open enrollment session for all grades (K-8) was held in July, the registration process for new students is ongoing. While we would prefer that you schedule an appointment with the registrar to complete the process, walk-ins are welcome. Please note, however, that, people who walk in may need to wait for assistance if there are other families who scheduled appointments in advance or came in ahead of them.
- There are several documents all new families must provide in order to complete the registration process. The list of these documents can be accessed by visiting http://www.op97.org/hr/Registration.cfm. Please make sure you have all of the necessary documents when you come to register your child.
- We will not be processing any registrations at any point during the day on Wednesday, August 22 (the first day of school for all District 97 students).
- Students will not be assigned to a school or placed in class until the district can verify their family’s registration documentation and residency. This process may take at least 24 hours to complete.
If you have any questions or need additional information about District 97’s registration process, please contact the registrar at (708) 524-3000 or email@example.com.