Creating a positive learning environment for all District 97 students that is equitable, inclusive and focused on the whole child.
The Oak Park Elementary District 97 Board of Education partnered with a national search and consulting firm, Hazard, Young, Attea and Associates (HYA), to hire the next superintendent of schools for D97.
The board committed to working with all of the district's stakeholders—students, teachers, administration, and community members—to implement a robust search process that is community-engaged; that reflects our values, priorities and needs, including our centering of equity; and that will lead us to an excellent, effective leader for our district.
The Board of Education of Oak Park Elementary School District 97 is pleased to announce that it has selected Dr. Ushma Shah as the district’s next superintendent of schools, effective June 1, 2022. Click here to learn about District 97's next superintendent >>
Oak Park District 97's Board of Education has selected Dr. Ushma Shah as its new superintendent of schools.
- District 97 Board Selects Dr. Ushma Shah as New Superintendent
- Superintendent Finalist Forum - Share Your Feedback!
- District 97 Superintendent Finalists and Virtual Community Forum on Jan. 12
- District 97 Superintendent Search Community Forum - Oct. 20, 2021
- Leadership Profile Report Summary
- My D97 Weekly Wrap-Up (Superintendent Search Update) - Oct. 15, 2021
- District Superintendent Search Community Forum - Sept. 30, 2021
- 10-Minute Survey - D97 Superintendent Search - Sept. 2, 2021
- D97 Board Selects Firm to Facilitate Superintendent Search - July 28, 2021
- D97 Board Appoints Interim Superintendents for 2021-22 School Year - April 27, 2021
- D97 Board to Hire Interim Superintendent for 2021-22 School Year - April 14, 2021
- District 97 Superintendent Carol Kelley to Resign at End of 2020-21 School Year - February 18, 2021