This website will be updated monthly with important information about events and content being covered in class. Please use this website as a reource to ask your child about his/her classroom work.
This month's I can statements:
RL.2.1: Ask and answer such questions as who, what, where, when, why, and how to demonstrate understanding of key details in a text.
RL.2.3: Describe how characters in a story respond to major events and challenges.
RL.2.4: Describe how words and phrases (e.g., regular beats, alliteration, rhymes, repeated lines) supply rhythm and meaning in a story, poem, or song.
RL.2.6: Acknowledge differences in the points of view of characters, including by speaking in a different voice for each character when reading dialogue aloud.
RL.2.7: Use information gained from the illustrations and words in a print or digital text to demonstrate understanding of its characters, setting, or plot.
Math Module Six- Foundations of Multiplication
Ways to Support Learning at Home This Month:
- Encourage your child to keep a personal journal.
- Ask your child to tell you about some of the nonfiction text features he/she is learning (headings, captions, bold words, table of contents, index, and glossary.)
- Reveiew math homework and discuss any errors.
- Practice addition and subtraction facts and skip count, daily.
- Ask your child who, what, where, when, why, and how questions about their reading and school day.
- Encourage your child to write their answers down in complete sentences.
- Encourage your child to read at home at least 20 minutes a day and record what they read in their reading logs.
- Ask your child to retell the beginning, middle, and end of the story they're reading.
- Ask your child to summarize the main idea of the nonfiction text they are reading.
Snack Policy- please only send in snacks listed on the Longfellow approved snack list. Thank you for helping to keep all of our students safe and healthy!
Fri., May 17 - Fancy Dress Day
Friday, May 24th - Olympic Day
Monday, May 27th - Memorial Day - No School
Fri., May 31st - Mix Match Day
Monday, June 3rd - Egg Drop Day 12:20 pm
Wednesday, June 5th - Picnic - Longfellow park
Thursday, June 6th - Last Day- Report Cards go home