District 97 Vision
Oak Park Elementary School District 97 will create a positive learning environment for all students that is equitable, inclusive and focused on the whole child.
Message from Jan. 11, 2019
We hope you enjoyed a lovely holiday break full of family and friends! It was wonderful to see so many smiling faces on Monday as we jumped back into our learning routines. You know you are in a truly special place when the children can’t wait to go back to school!
Please be sure to complete this year’s Illinois 5Essentials Survey! This is a unique opportunity to not only provide feedback to the school and district, but to support Hatch on a larger scale. School-level reports will be generated if at least 20 percent of parents respond to the survey. It should only take approximately 10 minutes to complete. If parents have more than one child that attends the same school, they may elect to participate multiple times. For parents with children enrolled in multiple schools, we recommend that they participate in the survey for each school. Mann School has once again challenged us to a competition around parent participation, so please help us reach our goal. We are currently in 2nd place!! Thank you for your support!
To take the 2018-19 Illinois Parent Survey Visit: http://survey.5-essentials.org/illinois/survey/parent/
January is a time when we “take the temperature” on our students’ progress to ensure we are designing instructional experiences to meet the needs of each individual learner. Our MAP testing for 2nd-5th graders will begin next week. As with every school day, please be sure your child has gotten a good night’s rest and eaten a healthy breakfast as they head off to school on time!
Mark your calendars for Family Literacy Night/Coffee House coming on Wednesday, January 23rd from 6 - 7 P.M. at Hatch. Not only will you have the opportunity to pick up your family's copy of our One Book One School book and hear the first few chapters, but you also will get to rotate to a variety of stations centered around literacy. (There will even be coffee for the adults.) Can't wait to see your family there!
This year's Hatch Science Fair will be held Thursday, April 18, 2019. Once again the students can choose from doing a research project, a demonstration, or an experiment. Sign up, rubrics, and descriptions of each can be found on the Hatch website by following these links- Programs- Academic- Science Fair. The sign up link is also below. Any questions can be directed to Lynda Ficca by email: [email protected]
We are so excited to kick off our One Book One School in a few weeks here at Hatch. Although the order forms were due before the winter break, we are still collecting them. For the forms, we are only collecting the $5 for your family book and any donations. Unfortunately, due to the order being placed, we cannot accept any additional copies for your family. Thank you so much for your support! Click here for a copy of the order form.
Please be sure to let BOTH the main office and the teacher know when your child will be absent, late or leaving early. If your child is in after school programs, please contact the program supervisor/teacher directly when making alternative plans for after school. Our office is not always open during the class times and we would never want a message to be missed!
Hatch School Principal
1000 N Ridgeland Ave
Oak Park, IL 60302
- HATCH AFTER HOURS - Early Bird Registration ends tonight at 9pm.! The final deadline to sign up for Session 3 is Friday, January 18th at 9pm. Registration is online at HatchPTO.org/hatch-after-hours.
- Upcoming PTO Meeting - The next PTO meeting is Tuesday, January 15th. Please join us at 7:00p.m. in the Library. Free childcare is provided in the lunch room. All parents and guardians are welcome.
- 2019 Book Exchange - Mon, Jan 28 - Fri, Feb 8
- Please sign up to help with the 2019 Book Exchange! As a part of Hatch's green initiative, students bring in used books during collection days and return during exchange days to select new (to them) books to take home. Please sign up. Contact Joyce Webster ([email protected]) with questions. Thanks!
- Get your Hatch wear today! New Hatch gear is available for order at www.blue84spirit.com/IL1599. Orders must be placed by February 4, 2019.
Click on the article titles below to read more.