District 97 Vision
Oak Park Elementary School District 97 will create a positive learning environment for all students that is equitable, inclusive and focused on the whole child.
Message from March 15, 2019
The Hatch Student Council's "#DoSomething" April activity will be sponsoring the "Can-Do" Challenge to benefit the Oak Park River Forest Food Pantry from April 1-30, 2019. Donations of non-perishable canned goods, high protein foods, and personal items can be brought to the school. Cash donations or checks made out to the OPRF Food Pantry can also be contributed. All donations can be brought to school after spring break. To make a direct donation for Team Hatch, use this link: Team Hatch Can-Do Challenge
The Hatch Science Fair will be held Thursday, April 18. Information on the three categories of projects that students may choose to present, along with rubrics to use as guidelines, can be found on the following page: 2019 Hatch Science Fair
Save the date! The Physical Education Department will be hosting a District 97 Adventure Run on Saturday, May 4th at Lindberg Park. The Adventure Run is free of charge and open to all Kindergarten through 5th grade students in District 97. This is a culminating event to celebrate National Physical Fitness and Sports Week. If your child wants to participate, please fill out the following form.
On Thursday, March 21, the district's Committee for Legislative Action, Intervention and Monitoring (CLAIM) will be hosting a community conversation at Brooks Middle School titled "Straight Talk About the 'N' Word." The event, which is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m., will be moderated by Reesheda Graham-Washington, who is the executive director of Communities First Association.
You can access a flyer for the community conversation by visiting http://bit.ly/2FcYab6.
The Hatch Green Team Shoe Drive has been extended one week! The collection box will be at the school entrance until Friday, March 22nd. Please bring in new or gently worn (and clean) shoes of all sizes -- women’s, men’s, children’s, gym shoes, sandals and boots to help prevent shoes from going into the landfill! Email [email protected] with questions. Thank you for helping others and making a huge difference in their lives! Share Your Soles.
P.A.C.K. week is scheduled for March 18th - 22nd. P.A.C.K. - Pack Assorted Colors for Kids - is a celebration of the wide variety of colors found in fruits and vegetables. Schools in District 97 use this week for their celebrations of National Nutrition Month. The high school includes the "color of the day" in their hot lunch.
|Monday 3/18||Purple/Blue||Rainbow Carrots (with purple carrots in mix)||Purple Grapes|
|Tuesday 3/19||Tan/Brown/White||Garbanzo Beans||Bosc Pear|
|Wednesday 3/20||Red||Beet Sticks||Blood Oranges|
|Thursday 3/21||Orange/Yellow||Yellow Grape Tomatoes||Nectarine|
Please see below link for ideas to incorporate for your school's celebration.
Hatch School Principal
1000 N Ridgeland Ave
Oak Park, IL 60302
- Hatch After Hours Registration is Now Open
- SESSION 4 - Starts right after Spring Break!
- April 1 to May 24, 2019
- Registration is online at HatchPTO.org/hatch-after-hours
- Early Bird Registration is open March 4 to March 8.
- The final deadline to sign up for Session 4 is Friday, March 15 at 9 p.m.
- Check out our new classes with SugarBeet cooking on Mondays, Greek Club on Thursdays and Gardening Art on Fridays! Plus our other over 20 options.
- SESSION 4 - Starts right after Spring Break!
- Hatch at the Movies - "The Lorax" - Today, March 15th
- This month’s movie is The Lorax. The movie will be show from approximately 3:15 to 4:45pm on Friday, March 15th (next Friday). Admission is $2 and concessions will be available for purchase. All children attending must have this online permission slip filled out. Kindergartners must be accompanied by a parent or older sibling. We also need parent volunteers, to help out please fill out the form here.
- Sign Up for Kids Kreations
- We are looking for a few volunteers to help Ms. Klemp label artwork for a popular spring Hatch fundraiser, Kids Kreations. Kids Kreations provides an opportunity to order from 50+ gifts and keepsakes with an original piece of your child's artwork on it. Kids Kreations offers a great way to share your child's artwork with friends and family. If you have an hour to spare on any of the following days and times, your help labeling the art, to send to Kids Kreations, would be greatly appreciated. Please see the following signup link if you are able to help (March 18-21): http://signup.com/go/wTscsfc
- D97 Candidate Forum
- Another opportunity to learn about our candidates! Wednesday, March 20 from 7 pm - 9 pm at Irving School. Hosted by South East Oak Park Community Organization
- Committee for Legislative Action, Intervention and Monitoring
- On Thursday, March 21, the district's Committee for Legislative Action, Intervention and Monitoring (CLAIM) will be hosting a community conversation at Brooks Middle School titled "Straight Talk About the 'N' Word." The event, which is scheduled to begin at 7 pm, will be moderated by Reesheda Graham-Washington, who is the executive director of Communities First Association. You can access a flyer for the community conversation by visiting http://bit.ly/2FcYab6. Any help you can provide in spreading the word about this event would be greatly appreciated.
- The 3rd Annual Hatch Tiger Bowling Tournament!
- Back by popular demand - The Hatch “Parents’ Night Out” bowling tournament is an exciting opportunity for parents and Hatch Staff to come together to have fun, compete, and socialize, as we raise money for our school. Join us Saturday April 6th! Sign up form available here.
- Oak Park Voter's Guide
- Please find the Oak Park Voter’s Guide that was created by Paul Goyette with Oak Park Call to Action and several members of our Community. This guide was created in an effort to provide more transparency in government and as a way to help voters that might be less informed about the candidates running in this cycle. Included you will find responses to questions from Village Trustee, Library, Park District, and School District 97 and 200 Candidates. The site will continue to be updated with relevant articles, video clips and other helpful tools that will help you and your neighbors make an informed decision in April. https://www.activisttoolkit.org/2019-oak-park-voter-guide
- Hatch Orchard
- It's time to prune the Hatch Orchard! If you've done it before, or are interested in learning how, mark your calendar to join us on Sunday, April 7, 12:30-2:30pm, in the orchard, and adopt a few trees to look after. In the past 2 years our pruning has brought us a bounty! Bring tools if you have them. Questions, email [email protected].
- As always, check out the Hatch PTO website for the most up to date information at http://www.hatchpto.org/.
Click on the article titles below to read more.