Registration for District 97
Required Documents for New Registrations:
- Original Birth Certificate (Hospital birth certificates not accepted)
- Parent ID (No Oak Park address needed)
- Custody Documents (if applicable)
- Main proof of Residency; 3 Supporting documents:
Please click the Residency Status that applies to you to see what documents are needed:
- Homeowners or Renters
- Lives with Oak Park Resident
- In Lieu of Lease
- Enrolling a Student who is not your Biological Child-please download this form and bring it with you in addition to your required residency documents
- Homeless- please contact the Registrar directly
How to Register:
- Please download this Request for Records to give to the school the student is transferring from, prior to attending a registration event. You will not need the academic and health records (other than most recent physical and immunization) at the time of the registration event. Please have the old school mail the records to the district office at their earliest convenience.
- The IL transfer form is required for any transfer student coming from another IL public school. This form will come from the old school.
- Bring in all other required documents to district office during a Registration event (see list below); no appointment needed or accepted.
Final 2018-19 (K-8) Registration Event Date:
Saturday, Aug. 18: 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Access your infosnap account from the link sent to your email in May of 2018 titled, “Returning Student Registration for [your student's name].”
- Verify information; upload documents where required.
- Hit submit.
Already have a snapcode? Click the link below to log in to your infosnap account. Once you are able to hit submit on the online portion, the student is completely enrolled.
IMPORTANT: Proof of residency will be due for renters, "Lives with Oak Park Residents," and those who are in lieu of a lease by or before Aug. 1, 2018. Documents can be scanned and emailed to [email protected] with your student’s name in the subject head. The district has also designated special “Upload Days” to assist families with uploading their documents or submitting their online registration (dates listed below). Walk-ins will not be accepted for this process.
Required Residency Documents for Returning Students
- Renters: Updated lease and one recent utility bill or monthly generated document
- Lives With Oak Park Resident: Signed "Lives with Oak Park Resident" form, main residency document of the person you are residing with, and one utility or major piece of mail with your name to that address. Please consult the “Lives with Resident” form for a complete list of acceptable documents.
- In Lieu of Lease: For families who have inherited residences, please submit the “In Lieu of Lease” form, and two recent utility bills with your name to that address.
- Homeowners do not have to prove residency this year.
Need Help Uploading Residency Documents? The district will have special office hours designated to helping families scan and upload their updated documents.
*Please note that there will be no appointments for registration on the first day of school (Aug. 22, 2018) or during Labor Day weekend.
REMEMBER: Students are not considered re-enrolled until you hit submit. No schedules or class lists will be generated to students who are not 100-percent registered, including residency clearance.
Early Childhood Students:
- Must be eligible and approved by Michele Suedbeck
- Must have an IEP or a cognitive, developmental, or special need
- Once approved by Michele Suedbeck, click on the year you would like to enroll to schedule your appointment and bring in your required documents
- Fall 2018-19 School Year
- Families must complete the screening process. For additional information about this process, please email or call the Collaboration for Early Childhood at (708) 613-6122
- Must be eligible and approved by Jill Pacyna.
- Must be 3 by September 1 and not age-eligible for kindergarten (5 by September 1).
- Once approved by Jill Pacyna, click on the year you would like to enroll to schedule your appointment and bring in your required documents:
- Current 2016-17 School Year
- Fall 2017-18 School Year
New Kindergarten Students:
- Students must be at least 5 years old and must be born by or before September 1, 2013.
- All families must visit one of our kindergarten registration events to prove residency and be issued a “snapcode” to finish the registration process online.
- Please bring all required documents to either of these registration events at the district office. No appointments needed or accepted.
- Important Links for Incoming Kindergarten Families:
Early Kindergarten and First Grade Admission
- The child must have attained the age of five years old on or before Nov. 1, 2013, for Early Kindergarten and the age of six years old on or before December 31, 2013, for Early First Grade.
- The first step would be to attend one of the registration events in March ONLY, with all of your required documents, fill out an Early Admissions application, and take a Parent Awareness Quiz. (No Early Admissions applications will be accepted after March 29, 2018.)
- Families will be issued a “snapcode email” at the Registration event that is needed to finish the registration process online
- The Early Admissions application and the results of the Parent Awareness quiz will be packaged together and sent to our District 97 Early Admissions Team for review.
- Based on the information provided in the packet of information, qualifying parents will be selected and invited to move forward with the Early Admissions Process.
*The entire early admissions process can take up to four to six weeks to complete after attending a registration event, so early registration is highly recommended.