District 97 Vision
Oak Park Elementary School District 97 will create a positive learning environment for all students that is equitable, inclusive and focused on the whole child.
Message from May 10, 2019
Thank you to our Hatch families for the overwhelming amount of love and appreciation you have shown our staff during Teacher Appreciation Week. Our teachers work long hours, not only implementing top notch curriculum and instruction, but also remembering to do all the little things that make our school such a special, happy place for children. Your support means the world to us!
We had a fabulous author visit on Tuesday! Children’s author Lori Degman visited our 1-2nd graders at Hatch. She shared how she became a writer and then answered the students’ questions and autographed her books. Thank you, Ms. Howe, for bringing this experience to our young authors!
The 3rd graders just wrapped-up their Lego Geared-Up unit in library. Through this program, sponsored by the Oak Park Education Foundation, students had the opportunity to build simple machines using Legos!
For the past few weeks the Kindergarten - 2nd graders have been able to practice their coding skills by using the Oak Park Public Library's Bee Bots during library class! If your child would like to use them more, you can check them out from the main branch of the Oak Park Public Library.
YEARBOOK PURCHASE...It’s not too late to order a 2018/2019 Yearbook. See the Flyer for more information.
With the end of the school year approaching, next week, the week of May 13th, will be the last week the students will check out library books from Hatch. All Hatch library books should be returned to Hatch by May 24th. Thank you!
Our second annual Hatch Career Day is rapidly approaching and we need YOUR experiences! Whether you are a nurse, mechanic, astronaut, custodian or business owner- we need you!
We are looking for a variety of people interested in spending a morning of “show and tell” surrounding their career. Many of our students are unaware of the career opportunities available to them and this is a fantastic way to provide them with first-hand knowledge of potential paths. This is also a great way for you to get involved and make an impact on a students’ future. If you are not interested but know someone who is, please give them (or us) the necessary contact information. Hatch Career Day is Thursday, May 30th from 7:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. broken into two segments. Session 1 is from 8:15 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. and Session 2 is from 9:15 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. If requested arrangements can be made to have you speak to your child’s classroom. We are looking forward to a fun-filled morning of new experiences! Please sign up here!
The Specials Team is pleased to present the 5th Annual Spring Arts Fiesta next week, a celebratory show of your students’ artistic, musical, linguistic and movement-centered learning at Hatch. The shows will take place the evenings of Wednesday, May 15th and Thursday, May 16th. All K-5th students will have an artwork in the gallery and all 1st-5th grade students will participate in the music and language performances. You may view and purchase your student’s framed artwork for $20 (cash or check only) from 5:30-7:30 pm on the evenings of May 15th or 16th, but it is not required. In order to buy the frame for the artwork, please visit the cashier table with your art and turn in the attached label card. All un-purchased pieces will be returned by the end of the year. On Wednesday night, the Oak Park Public Library Book Bike will also be here weather permitting. We look forward to seeing you there!
On behalf of the faculty and staff at Hatch, we would like to wish everyone a very Happy Mother’s Day!
Hatch School Principal
1000 N Ridgeland Ave
Oak Park, IL 60302
- Thanks to all who shopped and volunteered at the spring Book Fair. The Fair’s proceeds will help provide classroom materials for Hatch teachers in the Fall. Please volunteer for next school year’s events with the PTO. We still need parents and guardians to help us fully staff our Fun Fair (Indoor Carnival) planning committee, manage our monthly movie and Tiger Cash gift card programs, as well as help organize our Bowling Fundraiser. Please reach out to Beth to get involved at [email protected]. We need more parents to help, especially parents of children in younger graders who will be at Hatch for several more years.
- You can also learn about volunteer opportunities at the final PTO Meeting of the school year on Tuesday, May 14, from 7-8 p.m. Free childcare is offered in the lunch room. Here is the agenda.
- Thanks to all who have signed up. We could use a few more helpers to decorate for Spring Arts Fiesta May 14,15&17. Sign up here.
- Hatch Career Day is coming May 30 and DivCo is looking for people interested in spending a morning of “show and tell” about their career. Whether you are a nurse, mechanic, astronaut, custodian or business owner- we need you! Many students are unaware of career opportunities available to them. Career Day is a fantastic way to provide them with firsthand knowledge of potential paths. Hatch Career Day is the morning of Thursday, May 30. Please Sign Up Here. Feel free to share with others who might be potential speakers.
- Parents/guardians are also invited to the next Hatch DivCo committee meeting on Tuesday, May 21, at 7 p.m. in the lunch room. Questions? Contact [email protected].
- In an effort to Go Green, minutes from previous PTO meetings will be posted online at: http://www.hatchpto.org/pto-meetings.php with only a few printed copies provided at PTO meetings. Feel free to check the minutes to stay up-to-date on Hatch happenings and reports from Ms. Mendez!
Click on the article titles below to read more.