District 97 Vision
Oak Park Elementary School District 97 will create a positive learning environment for all students that is equitable, inclusive and focused on the whole child.
Message from June 6, 2019
It is hard to believe we wrapped up this amazing year at Hatch School! I am so proud of the accomplishments of our students and staff this year. Best of luck to our 5th graders as they begin their middle school experience. We know they will make us proud and represent themselves well. Thank you to the many parents who have volunteered in different capacities this year. We are so grateful for all you do to support teaching and learning at Hatch!
Returning student registration is now open online for students who are returning to District 97 for the 2019-20 school year. All documents required for proving residency and completing the online registration process must be submitted to the district by August 1, 2019. Students will not be placed on a class list or have middle school schedules generated until the registration process is complete. Information about registration is available on the district website at https://www.op97.org/hr/student-registration. If you have any questions regarding this process, please email [email protected] or call the district office at 708-524-3000.
New Student Registration-We will be holding four registration events this summer for new District 97 students who will be enrolling in grades K-8 for the 2019-20 school year. You can access additional information about these events and the new student registration process by visiting http://bit.ly/2VKQNkP.
For more information about Oak Park’s Summer Meals Program-Meet Up & Eat Up: https://www.oprffoodpantry.org/meet-up
Below are the next set of steel band videos. Congrats to all of the kids who played so beautifully and spent hours practicing to be able to perfect these songs! Our 5th grade video of Animal Spirits has gone viral! The band Vulfpeck tweeted and shared it out to their thousands of followers from all around the world! Our video of Dance to the Music has shares and comments from music educators, steel band directors, and music fans all over the world from Trinidad to Germany.
- I Want You Back - 5th graders
- Ride of the Valkyries - 5th graders
- Waving Flag - 4th graders
- Pata Pata - 4th graders
- I like to Move it - 4th graders
Have a safe and happy summer from everyone here at Hatch!
Hatch School Principal
1000 N Ridgeland Ave
Oak Park, IL 60302
- Support the Hatch Steel Band as they perform at Thursday Night Out in Oak Park. Tonight, 5-7 p.m.
- District 97 is accepting applications for new early childhood blended classrooms that will be offered at Whittier Elementary School next year. Learn more about the classrooms and application process by visiting http://bit.ly/2ERTZRf.
- The OPRF Food Pantry is offering free summer lunches and activities for kids this summer. June 18 to August 16, free lunch will be available for anyone 18 and younger. An alternative to summer camps, daily activities and games will be available for all-ages. A range of activities will be available, including sport drills twice per week! There is no need to sign-up, register, or complete paperwork in order to attend this program. Monday o Friday, 11:30 am to 1:30 pm (Closed on 7/4 & 7/5), 34 N Austin Blvd. More details on Meet Up and Eat Up here: https://www.oprffoodpantry.org/meet-up
- Parents can have school supplies delivered in one box and help support programs at Hatch School. Order your kit from The Write Stuff and it will be delivered to your home or office. Go here for more information and ordering instructions. Free shipping until June 30.
- Don’t forget- you can bring the family to Tuesday night gardening in the Hatch Patch, 6:30-7:30 p.m. to hang out, harvest, pull weeds and taste the fruits of our labors.
- Please volunteer to lead some of next school year’s events with the PTO. We need more parents to help, especially parents of children in younger graders who will be at Hatch for several more years. Where you have an hour, a week or a regular time slot, please reach out to Beth to get involved at [email protected].
- Thank you for a great year at Hatch. Friendly reminder the PTO and HAH programs are managed by volunteers. Emails will not be checked regularly this summer so our volunteer, fellow Hatch parents can enjoy the time off with their children.
Click on the article titles below to read more.