Lincoln Expansion Project
Background information about the expansion project
During its meeting on July 17, 2018, the District 97 Board of Education authorized the development of bid documents for the expansion project that is scheduled to take place at Lincoln Elementary School, and includes the following additions and renovations.
- Addition of seven classrooms
- Addition of space for special education that includes a sensory room
- Addition/renovation of space for specials (art and music)
- Addition of an elevator and a chair lift to promote and provide improved accessibility throughout the building
- Renovation of some classrooms
- Renovation/expansion of the multi-purpose room
- Renovation of the library, which will include space to offer instruction in STEAM
- Renovation of space for student services (nurse, OP/PT, speech, social work, EL, etc.)
- Addition of conference and office spacePerformance of exterior site improvements that will include restoring play space disrupted by the expansion
These upgrades will enable us to effectively meet the needs of Lincoln’s growing student population, while also providing flexibility should the school’s projected enrollment require additional changes in the future. While no final decision has been made yet, our work on the building may also include the replacement of windows.
The budgeted construction cost of the Lincoln expansion project is $18.7 million. Please note that this figure may fluctuate based on the results of the bid process.
The goal is to complete the expansion by the start of the 2019-20 school year.
We will keep the community updated on the status of this project. You can also use our Let’s Talk system to send us your comments, questions or thoughts about the expansion.
We have created a topic on our Let’s Talk Page titled “Lincoln Expansion Project” that people can use to share comments, questions or feedback about the project. This topic and page can be accessed at https://tinyurl.com/LincolnLetsTalk.