The District 97 Teaching and Learning Department is looking for dedicated individuals from the community who are interested in serving in a voluntary capacity on the district's GTD (Gifted, Talented and Differentiation) Ad Hoc Advisory Committee. Through the work of this committee, the district will seek to advance our vision of creating a positive learning environment for all students that is equitable, inclusive and focused on the whole child. We will also strive to ensure that every student has the chance to learn at high levels with outcomes that are not dependent upon race, gender or socioeconomic status. Below is additional information about this opportunity, including details about the application process and the criteria for selection.
Charge of the GTD Ad Hoc Committee
To serve as a focus and advisory group to the district around GTD policies.
- In your role as a focus group, you will share your experiences and perspectives.
- In your role as an advisory group, you will be provided with information about policies and programming that the district is considering, and be asked to give feedback that will help guide the district's decisions.
Lisa Westman, who is an expert in student-led differentiation, will help facilitate the work of this committee in conjunction with the support she is currently providing to our teachers on the implementation of differentiation practices.
Selection Criteria and Service Expectations
Below are the criteria that the district will use to select people for the GTD Ad Hoc Advisory Committee, as well as the service expectations for members.
- The panel will represent the diversity (e.g., race, gender, income level, etc.), experience and expertise of our community.
- Applicants must fall into at least one of the following categories.
- Current or future District 97 parent/guardian
- Current Oak Park community members
- Current District 97 employee
- Current or past District 97 student
- Applicants must be able to attend each of the following meetings.
- Tuesday, Oct. 30, 2018 - 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. - Focus Group Session
- Saturday, Jan. 12, 2019 - 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. - Professional Learning and Feedback Session
- Saturday, Feb. 23, 2019 - 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. - Professional Learning and Feedback Session
- Applicants must be willing to fully participate in all aspects of the process, and be comfortable working with others in a collaborative team environment.
Method and Timing of Application Process
To apply for the GTD Ad Hoc Advisory Committee, please complete the Google Form found at http://bit.ly/2OIemTY. The deadline to submit applications for consideration will be 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 11. All applicants will be notified about the results of the selection process no later than 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 16.