Student Services Department
First Day of School: Wednesday August 25th
The Special Education Department is committed to providing:
- Individualized special education services to students while supporting parents and staff to meet the unique needs of students.
- Full continuum of special education and related services and supports for students (beginning at age 3) with disabilities who qualify under the provisions of the Individual with Disabilities Act (IDEA).
- Implementing research-based classroom practices designed to improve academic outcomes and behavioral performance for all students
- Support & training for parents & staff in order to meet the unique needs of our students
- Experiences for all individuals to be educated to the extent appropriate in general education settings, and to be as inclusive as possible in its practices in serving students with special needs.
- Partnering with parents to promote the collaboration among the school, home, and community that enables all students to achieve throughout their educational experience and beyond.
To learn more or to arrange services for children residing in the Oak Park School District 97, please contact the Special Education Department at (708) 524-3030 or start by exploring the resources available on this website.