Student Withdrawal

District 97 requires written notice from the legal parent/guardian when a child is leaving one of its schools. This includes students transferring to another public or private school, students moving out of Oak Park or the United States, and students changing to homeschooling. This notice is required even if the change is temporary.

Withdrawal Process

If you are seeking to withdraw your child from District 97, we ask that you complete the following steps as soon as possible, as this process can take up to 10 business days, particularly during the spring and summer months:

  1. Gather the next school’s name, complete address, phone number, and fax number.  This will speed up our ability to exit your student(s) as well as transfer records.
  2. Complete the Google Form found here. A separate form is needed for each student who is leaving. Please note that the information requested in the form is required by the State of Illinois.
  3. Download the Records Request form. Email the completed and signed form to [email protected].  You can email a scanned copy or a clear photo of the completed form.  Please enter “Records Request” in the subject line of your email.
  4. If your student has an IEP, you must also complete and sign the special education records request and email it to [email protected]. Please enter ”Records Request” in the subject line of your email.
  5. Contact the school office and make an appointment to request/receive:
    • A current report card 
    • An Illinois State Transfer form (This is required by the next school)
    • Lunch balance refund
    • Return all technology including hotspots, ChromeBooks, iPads, other devices, chargers, etc.
    • Return all textbooks and other school material or borrowed supplies
    • Return all library books