Registration for District 97
Enrollment for 2020-21 School Year
Due to the circumstances surrounding COVID-19 (coronavirus), District 97 has moved all student registration online.
Please visit one of the pages below for information about the registration process, including deadlines and required documents. Please note, all documents MUST have the residents' Oak Park address.
Proof of Residency Requirements
Please click the residency status that applies to you to see what documents are needed:
- Homeowners or Renters
- Lives with Oak Park Resident
- In Lieu of Lease
- Enrolling a student who is not your biological child - please email the completed form to [email protected]
Homeless- please contact the Registrar directly at 708-524-3012
We will accept your new lease or home ownership document, as well as any two of the following items to satisfy the supporting document requirement:
- Change of government ID with new address listed
- New vehicle or voter registration card
- Transfer of service email print out from a utility company with name and new address listed
- Moving company receipt with name and new address listed
Board Policy 7:50: (School Admissions and Student Transfers To and From Non-District Schools)
In accordance with Board Policy 7:50, beginning with the 2022-23 school year, all students who are 5 years old on or before September 1, 2022, will be enrolled into kindergarten and all students who are 6 years old on or before September 1, 2022, will be enrolled into first grade. Therefore, if you have a student who will be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2022, and eligible to enroll in kindergarten for the 2022-23 school year, and you chose not to enroll your student in District 97 for kindergarten that school year, your student will be enrolled in first grade for the 2023-24 school year.