Working in District 97
Supported. Valued. Innovative. Diverse. Collaborative. Impactful. Generous. Thoughtful. These are a few of the words that the more than 800 outstanding faculty and staff members here in District 97 have used to describe not only what attracted them to work in our eight elementary and two middle schools here in Oak Park, but what drives and motivates them to help our more than 6,000 students in pre-kindergarten through eighth grade realize their full potential.
As an employee of our district, you will be given access to the knowledge and resources you need to foster your growth, aid your development, accomplish your goals, and enjoy tremendous success.
As a member of our team, you will play a critical role in advancing our vision of creating a positive learning environment for all students that is equitable, inclusive and focused on the whole child.
Most importantly, as an integral part of our district family, you will contribute to the efforts we are undertaking on a daily basis to help every child we serve learn, grow and achieve.
District 97 is proud to employ an award-winning group of exemplary educators, administrators and support professionals that has amassed an impressive list of accolades that includes:
- 39 National Board Certified teachers and 34 National Board Certified Equivalents (nurses, social workers, physical therapists, speech/language therapists, etc.); our district had more new Board-certified teachers in 2018 than any district in the state of Illinois.
- More than 100 awards from the Illinois State Board of Education in conjunction with its “Those Who Excel” program, which annually honors people who have made significant contributions to the state’s public and nonpublic elementary and secondary schools.
- Nearly 20 staff members have either won or been nominated for Golden Apple Awards since 1995.
- Earned Gold Circle of Quality in ExceleRate Illinois for our prekindergarten program (PKP); ExceleRate Illinois is the state’s quality recognition and improvement system for early learning and development programs.
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive health insurance plans that feature several tiers of coverage and contribution sharing from the district
- 403(b) plan that includes a 50 percent district match up to a maximum of two percent
- Tuition reimbursement
- Opportunities to serve in a variety of leadership roles at the school and district level