The "Those Who Excel" program annually honors individuals who have made significant contributions to the state’s public and nonpublic elementary and secondary schools.
Six individuals from District 97 received awards this year. Below is a list of this year's winners.
Pictured in the photo to the right: Jamie Winchell, Pam Gaffney, Rachel Youngberg and Emilie Dolan
2019 Those Who Excel Award Winners
- Jonathan Ellwanger, Principal from Beye Elementary School - Award of Merit (School Administrator)
- Emilie Dolan, Special Education Teacher from Lincoln Elementary School - Award of Recognition (Classroom Teacher)
- Pam Gaffney and Rachel Youngberg ("Team Gaffberg"), Co-Teaching Team from Brooks Middle School - Award of Merit (Team)
- Jamie Winchell, Teacher Librarian from Julian Middle School - Award of Merit (Student Support Personnel)
- Juanita Tillman, Crossing Guard Assigned to the Corner of Ridgeland and Augusta - Award of Merit (Educational Service Personnel)