The District 97 Board of Education will hold a special meeting Thursday, July 9, to discuss the district’s plans for reopening schools in the fall. The meeting will be held from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. via Zoom.
During the meeting, Superintendent Carol Kelley and the district’s administrative team will share an update on planning for the 2020-21 school year, including an overview of the feedback gathered from the Fall 2020 planning surveys for families and staff.
There will be an opportunity for public comment via email. However, in order to maximize discussion time, public comments will be read at the end of the board meeting. To submit a public comment, please email [email protected] with the subject, “Public Comment 7/9/20.” In order to be read aloud, your message must be labeled as “Public Comment,” include your first and last name, and be received no later than 7:45 a.m. on July 9. The board will not read duplicates of the same message, but will note the number of times the message was received.
For updates on COVID-19 and Fall 2020 Planning, please visit www.op97.org/updatecenter.
Important information about Thursday’s meeting:
- The public may join this meeting using the following link and dial-in information:
- Meeting Link: https://op97-org.zoom.us/j/81004700450?pwd=SUJKUEFqcFlxak1ZOWNEM2QzazJGZz09
- Dial-In Number: 1-312-626-6799
- Meeting ID: 810 0470 0450
- Password: 724994
- The agenda for the meeting can be accessed by visiting https://www.op97.org/boe/meeting-packets.
- Public comments received during the board meeting will not be read aloud but will be included in the minutes.
- Our board and board secretary will keep, approve, maintain and post meeting minutes in accordance with the Open Meetings Act.