District 97 school psychologists and nurses have collaborated to offer access to virtual mental health wellness checks at each school this fall. Parents may sign up children for 25-minute Telehealth sessions where they can access an open ear for their sources of stress and learn self-care and coping strategies. Students may attend up to three sessions per trimester and may then be referred for other school-based supports if needed.
If your child is experiencing an immediate mental health crisis, please do not use this service and instead call the Thrive 24-Hour Crisis Hotline at 708-383-7500. You may also refer to this local resource guide created by the Community Mental Health Board of the Oak Park Township.
How can my child access this service?
- The virtual sessions will occur during school hours.
- The appointment links below will allow you to book open slots at your school. The appointment page will open within your own calendar. (If you do not have a Gmail account, you may contact your school nurse or psychologist). Prior to the appointment, you will receive a link for the video call or other access information.
- During these unusual times, we need to partner with you to ensure your child arrives at the correct video link during their scheduled time and returns to their classroom Zoom after the appointment. Please remember to coordinate with your daycare providers if applicable.
- We will inform your child’s teacher, so your child will be excused from class.
- Please book appointments by the night before the appointment (at the latest) and not on the day of the appointment.
Appointment Calendar Pages:
|School||Wellness Team||Appointment Sign-Up|
|Beye||Beye appointment sign-up|
|Brooks||Brooks appointment sign-up|
|Hatch||Hatch appointment sign-up|
|Holmes||Holmes appointment sign-up|
|Irving||Irving appointment sign-up|
|Julian appointment sign-up|
|Lincoln||Lincoln appointment sign-up|
|Longfellow appointment sign-up|
|Mann||Mann appointment sign-up|
|Whittier||Whittier appointment sign-up|