District 97 Superintendent Carol Kelley has convened an advisory panel to provide input on the district’s draft plans to safely transition students and staff back to in-person instruction.
The panel's second meeting was held Thursday, Nov. 5. Details and updates about the advisory panel will be shared weekly and posted to the district website at: https://www.op97.org/updatecenter/2020-21-planning.
Nov. 5 Meeting Recording and Highlights
Meeting Recording: Click here to view the Nov. 5 advisory panel meeting.
During the panel’s first meeting, we heard consensus around four major areas of improvement to the district’s hybrid learning plan:
- Change current plan so students maintain current class/teacher
- Change proposed schedule outlined in current plan
- Address lunch in order to lengthen instructional day
- Consider in-person experiences for enrichment/socialization opportunities
The panel spent the majority of the second meeting discussing these four concerns in small breakout groups.
During the Oct. 29 meeting, panel members requested clarification on several aspects of the district’s original Framework for Reopening Schools. Click here to access those questions and answers.
- The District 97 administrative team will provide an update on the Superintendent Advisory Panel’s progress during the board of education meeting on Tuesday, Nov. 10. The meeting will be held via Zoom at 7 p.m.
- The family survey will remain open through Nov. 11. Results will be shared with the advisory panel at its next meeting—Friday, Nov. 13, at 8 a.m.
- The district will continue to provide weekly updates on its progress. (Click here for the panel's charge and timeline.)
Past Meeting Recaps