On Thursday, Dec. 17, we shared our updated hybrid learning schedules for 2021. Between now and Jan. 6, we are asking families to decide whether their student(s) will participate in on-site classes during hybrid learning for the duration of Trimester 2, or whether they will continue to participate in full-time remote learning (via live streaming).
We are asking all parents to complete the Trimester 2 Learning Selection Form for each student in their household by 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 6, 2021. Translated versions of the form are linked below.
- Trimester 2 Learning Selection Form (English)
- Forma de selección de aprendizaje para el aprendizaje híbrido para el trimestre 2 (Spanish)
- منطقة مدرسة أوك بارك الابتدائية ٩٧ - إستمارة إختيار التعلم في تريمستر ٢ (Arabic)
Before you complete this form, here are some things you need to know:
- District 97 will continue to offer a full-time remote learning option for students.
- Your selection is for the duration of Trimester 2 (ending March 12, 2021). Students who select remote learning will not be able to switch to on-site learning before the end of the term. We will do a separate commitment form for Trimester 3 to allow families to change their selection.
- If we do not receive a student’s form by Jan. 6, they will automatically be placed in full-time remote learning.
- We will not implement hybrid learning until it is safe to do so. We are currently planning a phased return, beginning with our special programs on Jan. 12 at the earliest. Our goal is to begin transitioning grade levels back on site over several days, beginning Feb. 1. This date, however, depends on local and county COVID-19 metrics. We encourage families to follow all current health and safety guidance—wear a mask, practice social distancing and practice good hand hygiene.
- We have developed a Hybrid Learning FAQ to help families learn more about our hybrid learning and safety plans. We know there will be many questions regarding the specifics of the daily schedule, specials, logistics, etc. Our goal was to provide you as much information as possible prior to break; we will be working to provide additional details in future updates. If you have questions that you would like us to incorporate into the FAQ, you may submit them using this form.
Oak Park Elementary School District 97