The Community Mental Health Board of Oak Park Township, Oak Park Elementary School District 97, and DePaul University’s Community Counseling Center have partnered to deliver a vast array of educational and therapeutic services to staff, families, and youth. The “Mindful Middle-Schoolers Program” will offer staff training, parent workshops, groups and counseling for middle school students in Oak Park during the 2020-21 school year.
Below is a list of upcoming VIRTUAL talks, which will be held via Zoom. Registration via the eventbrite links below is requested. Once you register, a link will be emailed to you four hours prior to the start of each event.
Upcoming Virtual Community Talks (Open to All)
- Monday, February 22 (1 p.m.): Understanding anxiety in youth and strategies for treatment and support https://www.eventbrite.com/e/understanding-anxiety-in-youth-andstrategies-for-treatment-and-support-tickets-141697997525
- Thursday, February 25 (6 p.m.): Strategies to support executive functioning and self-regulation https://www.eventbrite.com/e/strategies-to-support-executive-functioningand-self-regulation-in-youth-tickets-141700384665
- Wednesday, March 3 (6 p.m.): Technology and mental health: strategies to promote mindful digital citizenship https://www.eventbrite.com/e/technology-and-mental-healthstrategies-to-promote-mindful-tech-use-tickets-141699038639
- Thursday, March 11 (6 p.m.): Mindfulness-based strategies and their applications in academic and home environments https://www.eventbrite.com/e/understandingmindfulness-tickets-141700721673
- Wednesday, March 17 (6 p.m.): Understanding and supporting the emotional health of Black children https://www.eventbrite.com/e/understanding-and-supporting-theemotional-health-of-black-children-tickets-141702515037
- Wednesday, March 24 (6 p.m.): Understanding depression in youth and strategies for treatment and support https://www.eventbrite.com/e/understanding-depression-inyouth-and-strategies-for-treatment-and-support-tickets-141698771841