In March 2020, Gov. JB Pritzker issued an executive order that waives a portion of the Open Meetings Act that requires a quorum of members of a public body be physically present at a meeting location.
In order to protect the health and safety of our board of education, staff, and community members, District 97 has decided to hold its June 16 board meeting virtually, using Zoom. The public may join this meeting using the following link and dial-in information:
- Meeting Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83857760761?pwd=L0Y4eHdVaDlKNlZ1MmhRUjFBMFJJdz09
- Dial-In Number: 1-312-626-6799
- Meeting ID: 838 5776 0761
- Password: 640002
Important information about Tuesday’s meeting:
- The agenda and packet of materials for the meeting can be accessed by visiting https://www.op97.org/boe/meeting-packets.
- A quorum of District 97 board members will be present (remotely).
- There will be an opportunity for public comment via email. The board will read aloud all public comments received by 7 p.m. on June 16.
- To submit a public comment, please email [email protected] with the subject, “Public Comment 5/12/20.” Your message must include your first and last name in order to be read aloud.
- Comments received during the board meeting will not be read aloud but will be included in the minutes.
- Our board and board secretary will keep, approve, maintain and post meeting minutes in accordance with the Open Meetings Act.