All meetings are held at 7 p.m. in the board room - Administration building, 260 W. Madison, unless otherwise noted on the meeting agenda.
Public participation is a vital part of our school system's success. District 97 Board of Education provides time for input from community and visitors at its meetings. Starting Sept. 13, 2022, District 97 will resume holding board meetings in person and will resume pre-pandemic public comment procedures. To preserve sufficient time for the Board to conduct its business, any person appearing before the Board is expected to follow these guidelines:
- Address the Board only at the appropriate time as indicated on the agenda and when recognized by the Board President.
- Sign in on the public comment sheet before the start of the meeting. Please indicate on this sheet whether you want a response from the board.
- When called to the table, please state your name.
- Please finish your comments within the five-minute time limit. If multiple individuals wish to address the Board on the same subject, the group is encouraged to appoint a spokesperson.
- Observe, when necessary and appropriate, the Board President’s authority to:
- Shorten the time for each person to address the Board during public participation to conserve time and give the maximum number of people an opportunity to speak; and/or
- Determine procedural matters regarding public participation not otherwise covered in Board policy.
- Conduct oneself with respect and civility toward others and otherwise abide by Board Policy 8:30: Visitors to and Conduct on School Property.