The third meeting of District 97 Superintendent Advisory Panel was held Friday, Nov. 13. A recording and recap of the meeting is included below. Details and updates about the advisory panel will be shared weekly and posted to the district website at: https://www.op97.org/updatecenter/2020-21-planning.
Nov. 13 Meeting Recording and Highlights
Meeting Recording: Click here to view the Nov. 13 advisory panel meeting. (Time stamps are included in the highlights below.)
Highlights and Recording Time Stamps
- Amanda Siegfried, the district’s director of communications, shared an overview of the family survey results. (6:20)
- The panel was fortunate to have three guest speakers to share insights about implementing in-person learning this fall. (27:30)
- Dr. Merryl Brownlow, Superintendent of Palos Heights School District 128 and parent in District 97 (30:10)
- Angela Dolezal, Director of Teaching and Learning for Riverside School District 96, current District 97 parent/former principal in District 97 (48:55)
- Katie Kayastha, a middle school teacher and union co-president in District 96, also shared her experiences with on-site learning. (1:01:40)
- The next advisory panel meeting will be held Thursday, Nov. 19, at 6 p.m.
- Review Thoughtexchange feedback and share with the advisory panel.
- The district will continue to provide weekly updates on its progress. (Click here for the panel's charge and timeline.)
Past Meeting Recaps