Starting Sept. 13, 2022, District 97 resumed holding board meetings in person for those who wish to attend. The district also resumed pre-pandemic public comment procedures (see below).
Board meetings, which are open to the public, are generally held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. in the board room of the administration building, which is located at 260 Madison.
All District 97 board meetings will be live-streamed to the district's YouTube channel. Attendees will no longer utilize Zoom.
Meeting agendas are posted at https://www.op97.org/boe/meeting-packets.
District 97 Board of Education provides time for input from community and visitors at its meetings. If you wish to address the board in person during a meeting, please follow this procedure:
- Address the Board only at the appropriate time as indicated on the agenda and when recognized by the Board President.
- Sign in on the public comment sheet before the start of the meeting. Please indicate on this sheet whether you want a response from the board.
- When called to the table, please state your name.
- Please finish your comments within the five-minute time limit. If multiple individuals wish to address the Board on the same subject, the group is encouraged to appoint a spokesperson.
- Observe, when necessary and appropriate, the Board President’s authority to:
- Shorten the time for each person to address the Board during public participation to conserve time and give the maximum number of people an opportunity to speak; and/or
- Determine procedural matters regarding public participation not otherwise covered in Board policy.
- Conduct oneself with respect and civility toward others and otherwise abide by Board Policy 8:30: Visitors to and Conduct on School Property.
Visitors will be accommodated according to the board room capacity. Should the need for additional seating arise, District 97 will provide space for an overflow of visitors. District 97 does not discriminate on the basis of disabilities in the admission or access to its programs or activities, including board meetings. We invite individuals requiring reasonable accommodation to contact the ADA Coordinator (524-3030) at least 48 hours before the scheduled meeting time.