On behalf of the District 97 Board of Education, superintendent and district team, you are invited to join us as we design our Portrait of an Oak Park 8th Grade Graduate!
What Is the Portrait?
The Portrait of a Graduate, which will serve as the new District 97 strategic plan, is a collective vision that our community has for its 8th grade graduates. The portrait will be rooted in core competencies tied to learning standards and experiences that are critical to student success in college, career and beyond.
How Can You Get Involved?
This is an opportunity for the Oak Park community to come together to support students and imagine the world in which they thrive. You’ll have three ways to participate!
OPTION 1: Join us for an interactive design session in February or March.
We are hosting events throughout the next two months that are open to staff, families AND students. The full schedule is linked below and will be shared in school newsletters.
- Portrait of a Graduate Engagement Calendar (English | Español)
- District Website - Engagement Calendar
- Subscribe to our Portrait Google Calendar.
We’ve designed the sessions to be different from typical community forums:
- Staff and families will have the opportunity to walk around, learn about our draft Portrait, and provide feedback on definitions and learning experiences. We’ll also have some kid-friendly activities for students.
- The events will be “open house” style, meaning you can come for 15 minutes or stay the whole time—whatever works best for you.
- If you can’t make it to your home school, please join us at another session! The district will host 15 events this winter—including three that are virtual.
OPTION 2: Complete an at-home worksheet.
Take time with your family to thoughtfully provide feedback via a simple worksheet. Digital and print options will be available on the district website by mid-February!
Learn More about the Portrait