From now until Election Day on April 4, 2017, we will continue to conduct outreach throughout Oak Park in an effort to:
- Share information about the referenda and their potential impact on our students, schools and community
- Help ensure that people have the information they need to make an informed decision when they go to polls in April
This outreach will include meeting with leaders from local business, civic, religious, educational and volunteer organizations, as well as participating in information sessions/forums hosted by groups such as Parent-Teacher Organizations, the League of Women Voters and the South East Oak Park Community Organization (SEOPCO). Below is a tentative list of events that will be open to the public. We will continue to update this page as more events get added/scheduled.
- Forum hosted by District 97 – February 27 at Hatch Elementary School (1000 N. Ridgeland Ave.) from 7 p.m. to
- 9 p.m.
- Forum hosted by District 97 – March 1 at OPRF High School (201 Scoville Ave.) from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Forum hosted by the Lincoln PTO -– March 6 at Lincoln Elementary School (1111 S. Grove Ave.) from 7 p.m. to
- 9 p.m.
- Forum hosted by the Whittier PTO -– March 7 at Whittier Elementary School (715 N. Harvey) from 7 p.m. to
- 9 p.m.
- Forum hosted by the Longfellow PTO -– March 9 at Longfellow Elementary School (715 S. Highland Ave.) from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Facebook Live Information Session hosted by the Referenda Yes Committee - March 12 at 8 p.m. Access the video from this session >
- Forum hosted by SEOPCO – March 16 at Irving Elementary School (1125 S. Cuyler) from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Forum at Wonder Works Children's Museum (6445 W North Ave.) – March 18 from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Forum hosted by the League of Women Voters – March 20 at Beye Elementary School (230 N. Cuyler) from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Forum for preschool families hosted by the Oak Park Friends School – March 21 at the Oak Park Friends School (1192 S. Cuyler Ave.) at 8 p.m. RSVP here >
- Forum for special education parents/guardians – March 22 at Holmes Elementary School (508 N. Kenilworth) from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Childcare will be provided.