Returning Student Registration
2020-2021 registration is entirely online for returning students currently enrolled in the district in grades PK-7th. The parent/guardian listed as PG1 will receive an email from [email protected] for each child already enrolled in the district. Follow the link in the email to register your child.
For families who have moved: If you are enrolling a returning student but have moved from your prior address, be sure to enter your current address in the online registration system and upload your new residency documents before submitting your registration.
For Incoming 6th Graders: It is important for you to know the legal health requirements for students entering 6th grade, as determined by the Illinois State Board of Education and the Illinois Department of Public Health. All required physical and immunization forms are due no later than October 15, 2020. This communication allows families ample and advanced opportunity to meet these legal requirements and exclusion will not occur without prior notice. To see the full list of health requirements please click the button below.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please email [email protected] or call the district office at 708-524-3000.
Returning Registration Process
- Infosnap Email/Link: An email will be sent to the parent/guardian who is registered as the first point of contact in our system. This will likely be the parent/guardian who originally registered the child, unless prior arrangements were made with the district office. There will be a link in that email that you will use to log in to your Infosnap account. In order to complete this step in the process, you will need the email address and password you last used to access your account. If you have forgotten your email or password, please email [email protected] and ask which email you provided as your username and/or ask to have a password reset link sent to that email address.
- Verify Information and Upload Residency Documents: Once you have logged in to your Infosnap account, please verify or update any pre-populated information. Families who rent or live with Oak Park residents will need to upload the documents that are required for proving residency. While homeowners will not need to submit residency documents this year, our ongoing efforts to make the registration process more equitable and inclusive for all of our families will likely impact the requirements for these individuals moving forward. IMPORTANT: If you will not have your updated lease or residency documents at the time you wish to re-enroll, you can still complete the online registration. However, students will not be placed on class lists or have middle school schedules generated until their families have finished the online registration and submitted their proof of residency. This process must be completed by or before August 1.
- Submit: Once you have verified the information and uploaded any necessary documents, hit the submit button to complete the application. Your student is not considered re-enrolled until you click submit. If the button is greyed out for you, it means that a mandatory field on the application has either been left blank or a date or phone number is in the incorrect format. Please be sure to thoroughly review your information before completing the application because you will not be able to make changes to the form after you submit it.
Changes to Residency Requirements
- Renters: In order to comply with the Village of Oak Park’s ordinance regarding residential rental agreements (Code 12-2-11), families that are renters must now provide the district with an updated version of their current lease that features the names of every individual who resides in a rental unit, including the students. If you are a renter, or residing with an Oak Park resident in a rental unit, you are encouraged to reach out to your landlord as soon as possible to obtain an updated lease.
- Lives with Oak Park Resident: If you reside with an Oak Park resident, but are not the leaseholder or homeowner, you must provide a signed and notarized “Lives with Oak Park Resident” form, along with your required proof of residency documents.
Acceptable Proof of Residency Documents
Please visit https://www.op97.org/hr/residency-requirements to view the documents that must be provided by families that are renters, live with Oak Park residents, or are “in lieu of lease” due to a family trust or inheritance.
All district upload days have been canceled. Families will need to upload all required documentation in the online registration system. This can be done using a computer, tablet, or smartphone. Click here for step-by-step directions on uploading documents. Be sure to upload all required documents before clicking the [submit] button.
Permissive transfers are granted for students who move to a new school attendance area, but want to remain at their original neighborhood school for a variety of reasons. Families that have moved or plan to move to a new attendance area should apply for a permissive transfer between June 1 and August 1, 2019. For more information, please visit https://www.op97.org/hr/permissive-transfer.