New Student Registration
Summer Registration for New Students (K-8)
Families registering students in District 97 for the first time must attend one of the summer registration events. The events will be held at the district's administration building, located at 260 Madison St., on the following dates:
- Thursday, June 6: 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 12: 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 10: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 17: 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
If you are enrolling a new kindergarten student, please visit our Kindergarten Registration page.
Required Documents for New Registrations:
- Original birth certificate (hospital birth certificates not accepted)
- Parent ID (no Oak Park address needed)
- Main proof of residency (lease or home ownership document)
- Acceptable documents include a bill of sale, property tax bill, mortgage statement, master statement from closing documents, etc.
- Three supporting documents
- Two recent utility bills
- One other document with name and address listed
- Custody documents (if applicable)
- Most recent Illinois Department of Human Services (DHS) health physical exam and immunizations
- These documents must be dated within the year of the first day of school (Aug. 28, 2019) for students entering kindergarten, sixth grade, or an Illinois school for the first time. You will have until the first day of school to produce these documents. For more information, please review our Health Requirements for New Students.
- The Illinois transfer form is required for all new students coming from another Illinois school and are entering first through eighth grade. Please contact your previous school to retrieve this form prior to attending a registration event.
- If you are enrolling a student who is not your biological child, please download the form below and include it with your required residency documents.
- If you are homeless, please contact the registrar directly at [email protected]
If you are transferring to District 97 from another school district, please download, complete and sign this Request for Records and turn it in to your old school prior to attending a registration event so that they may send us the student's records. The Illinois transfer form is required for any transfer student coming from another IL public school. This form will come from the old school. Please bring in all other required documents to district office during a registration event; no appointment needed or accepted.