New Student Registration 2020-2021
Registration for New Students (K-8)
Due to the circumstances surrounding COVID-19 (coronavirus), District 97 has moved all New Student Registration online. Families registering students in District 97 for the first time must make an appointment to speak with the district registrar by phone to begin the registration process. Appointments can be made by calling 708-524-3000. The registrar will explain the online process and send out a specific link for each student. Parents will be required to upload the documents listed below during the registration process. Parents are highly encouraged to gather all documentation prior to making an appointment. During the school year, it generally takes two business days for registration to be approved and students to be placed in classes as long as parents have uploaded all of their required documents.
Please note that there is a different process during our annual registration drive in the spring and summer when the district re-registers thousands of students. That information will be shared here ahead of the annual registration drive.
Please note, all residency documents uploaded MUST have the residents' Oak Park address.
If you are enrolling a new kindergarten student, please visit our Kindergarten Registration page.
For Incoming 6th Graders: It is important for you to know the legal health requirements for students entering 6th grade, as determined by the Illinois State Board of Education and the Illinois Department of Public Health. All required physical and immunization forms are due no later than October 15, 2020. This communication allows families ample and advanced opportunity to meet these legal requirements and exclusion will not occur without prior notice. To see the full list of health requirements please click the button below. If you already have these completed forms, remember to upload them during the registration process. Once you submit your registration, you will not be able to go back and upload your documents.
Required Documents for New Registrations:
- Original birth certificate (hospital birth certificates not accepted)
- A current, unexpired, government-issued photo ID (Driver’s license, State ID, Passport, Permanent Resident Card, U.S. Military ID, Consular ID, etc) from the parent/guardian registering their child
- Main proof of residency (lease or home ownership document)
- Acceptable documents include a bill of sale, property tax bill, mortgage statement, master statement from closing documents, etc.
- Three supporting documents
- Two recent utility bills
- One other document with name and address listed
- Custody documents (if applicable)
- Most recent Illinois Department of Human Services (DHS) health physical exam and immunizations
- These documents must be dated within the year of the first day of school (Aug. 24, 2020) for students entering kindergarten, sixth grade, or an Illinois school for the first time. You will have until the first day of school to produce these documents. For more information, please review our Health Requirements for New Students.
- The Illinois transfer form is required for all new students coming from another Illinois school and are entering first through eighth grade. Please contact your previous school to retrieve this form prior to attending a registration event.
- If you are enrolling a student who is not your biological child, please download the form below and include it with your required residency documents.
- If you are homeless, please contact the registrar directly at [email protected]
If you are transferring to District 97 from another school district, please download, complete and sign this Request for Records and turn it in to your old school prior to attending a registration event so that they may send us the student's records. The Illinois transfer form is required for any transfer student coming from another IL public school. This form will come from the old school. Please bring in all other required documents to district office during a registration event; no appointment needed or accepted.