Transferring into District 97
If you are transferring into District 97 from another school district, please download, complete and sign this Request for Records and turn it in to your old school prior to attending a registration event so that they may send us the student's records.
The Illinois student transfer form is required for any transfer student coming from another Illinois public school. This form will come from the old school.
You must currently reside in Oak Park in order to register your student.
1. First, gather all the documents needed for registration (a list has been provided for you below).
2. Next, you will need to complete this intake form to receive an email with your SnapCode. Please note, it may take up to two business days to receive this email.
3. Continue in InfoSnap by completing the online registration forms and uploading all your documents. Once you’re finished just click submit.
4. After you have completed your online registration you should receive an approval email from the district.
5. Lastly, your school will reach out closer to the start of the new school year with more information.
Required Documents for New Registrations
Official certified birth certificate (long form)
NOTE: Hospital birth certificates are not accepted
A current, unexpired, government-issued photo ID (Driver’s license, State ID, Passport, Permanent Resident Card, U.S. Military ID, Consular ID, etc) from the parent/guardian registering their child
Main proof of residency (lease or home ownership document)
Acceptable documents include a bill of sale, property tax bill, mortgage statement, master statement from closing documents, or a lease covering your child’s first day of school.
- Three supporting documents:
- Two recent utility bills (last 30 days)
- One other major bill or bank statement with name and address listed
- Custody documents (if applicable)
- Most recent Illinois Department of Human Services (DHS) health physical exam and immunizations
- These documents must be dated within the year of the first day of school for students entering kindergarten, sixth grade, or a public Illinois school for the first time. You will have until the first day of school to produce these documents. For more information, please review our Health Requirements for New Students.
- The Illinois transfer form is required for all new students coming from another Illinois school and are entering first through eighth grade. Please contact your previous school to retrieve this form prior to attending a registration event.
- If you are enrolling a student who is not your biological child, please download the Non-Parent Affidavit form and include it with your required residency documents.
- If you are homeless, please contact the registrar directly at 708-524-3000.