Due to the circumstances surrounding COVID-19 (coronavirus), District 97 has moved all Kindergarten Student Registration online. Students who are registering for kindergarten for the 2020-21 school year must be at least 5 years old and must be born by or before Sept. 1, 2015.
Families registering a kindergarten student in District 97 must complete a short Google Survey. After submitting this survey, a registration link from [email protected] will be sent to the email address you supplied in the survey within the next two days. Please complete the online registration as soon as you receive this link.
Please note, all residency documents uploaded MUST have the residents' Oak Park address.
Required Documents New Registration
- Original birth certificate (hospital birth certificates not accepted)
- Parent ID (Oak Park address needed)
- Custody documents (if applicable)
- Main proof of residency and three supporting documents
- For a complete list of required residency documents, please visit https://www.op97.org/hr/residency-requirements
- Most recent Illinois Department of Human Services (DHS) health physical exam and immunizations
- These documents must be dated within the year of the first day of school (Aug. 24, 2020) for students entering kindergarten, sixth grade or an Illinois school for the first time. You will have until the first day of school to produce these documents. For more information, please review our Health Requirements for New Students.
- If you are enrolling a student who is not your biological child, please download the form below and include it with your required residency documents.
- If you are homeless, please contact the registrar directly at [email protected]
Assessments for Incoming Kindergarteners
All incoming kindergarteners are required to complete the Kindergarten Readiness Test (KRT) and the Ages and Stages Social-Emotional Questionnaire (ASQ) as part of the registration process. These screenings help provide the district with a more complete picture of the child so that we are able to meet their academic, social and emotional needs during the school year. For more information, please visit https://www.op97.org/student-and-administrative-services/incoming-kindergarten-information.
Early Admission to Kindergarten
According to the Illinois School Code, "Early entrance to kindergarten means the admission of a student to kindergarten who will not yet be 5 years old by September 1 of that school year." For more information about the requirements and process for early admission to kindergarten, please visit https://www.op97.org/hr/early-kindergarten-and-first-grade-admission.