Employment Opportunities in District 97
Substitute Teachers and Substitute Teaching Assistants
Are you looking for a job with a flexible schedule? Do you want to only work when the kids are in school? Why not be a substitute teacher or teaching assistant in District 97? Substitute teachers earn $103 per day. Substitute teaching assistants earn $90 per day and $45 for a half day.
Substitute Teacher Requirements:
- A valid Illinois teaching license or substitute teaching license is the first requirement to becoming a substitute teacher. Anyone with a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution of higher education can apply for and obtain a substitute teaching license.
Substitute Teaching Assistant Requirements:
- A valid Illinois paraprofessional license. In order to obtain a paraprofessional license, applicants must be at least 20 years of age, and have one of the following:
- Associate's degree or higher
- 60 semester hours of coursework
- High school diploma or GED and a score of 460 or higher on the ETS Parapro
- High school diploma or GED and the following scores on the ACT Workkeys:
- Applied Math - 4
- Workplace Documents - 4
Interested in being a substitute teacher or subsitute teaching assistant?
- Apply online at: www.op97.org/hr/online-application.
- If you are selected for an interview, you will receive an email via AppliTrack.
- Please complete the pre-employment paperwork and bring all documents to your interview.
- If you receive an offer, you must submit a health certification form and participate in a fingerprint-based background check at the district office.
- All new substitutes will attend a training provided by the district.
- Start subbing!
Under the direct supervision of the senior director of buildings and grounds and the building engineer at the school level, substitute custodians perform general cleaning and maintenance in school buildings; maintain equipment in functional condition; and provide cleaning and custodial assistance to students, teachers, visitors and others as necessary.
Substitute Custodian Requirements:
- Any combination of education and experience provided there is possession of the skills and knowledge required to effectively execute the responsibilities of the position.
- High school diploma or completion of sufficient education to successfully perform the duties of the position.
- Previous experience in building maintenance desirable.
Interested in being a substitute custodian? Apply on line at: www.op97.org/hr/online-application.