Whittier School Pick Up/Drop Off
Traffic Flow/Student Safety
PLEASE REVIEW THIS SAFE WALKING ROUTE MAP WITH YOUR CHILD>
School buses are the only vehicles allowed on the 700 block of Harvey for student drop-off. Take note of new signage on the west side of the 700 block on Harvey, designating the bus loading area. The 700 block of Cuyler will be one way, northbound, during school drop off and pick up times, assisting families who drive students to school. The 700 block of Cuyler has signage noting the drop off/pick up status from 7am-4pm on all school days.
The area around our school is very busy at the beginning of the day and at dismissal time. Over the years, commuter traffic and traffic created as a result of children being dropped off for school has greatly increased. We encourage our students to walk to and from school. However, if you are driving your child to and from school the following are the designated drop-off/pick-up areas:
- 600 Block of North Cuyler Avenue
- 700 Block of North Cuyler Avenue
- 600 Block of North Harvey Avenue
Students are encouraged to cross Augusta at Harvey, where they will have the assistance of a School Crossing Guard.
STUDENTS MAY NOT BE DROPPED OFF OR PICKED UP IN FRONT OF THE SCHOOL (THE 700 BLOCK OF NORTH HARVEY).
THIS AREA IS RESERVED FOR THE BUSES TRANSPORTING OUR SPECIAL NEEDS CHILDREN. YOU WILL BE REMINDED BY THE OAK PARK POLICE DEPARTMENT TO FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES AND DIRECTED TO GO TO ONE OF THE DESIGNATED DROP-OFF AREAS.
- Please Direct and Expect your child to exit your vehicle on the curbside of the street.
- Please Direct and Expect your child to cross at the designated crosswalk and with the Crossing Guard.
- Please DO NOT walk your child across the street from the middle of the block.
- PLEASE DO NOT drive onto the playground at any time.
All of the Whittier families MUST work together and remind one another to take the time to keep our children safe as they travel to and from school.