What are we doing in school this week? (May 30th - June 2nd)
This week's LEARNING TARGETS:
MATH: (Module 6: Data)
*I can represent measurement data with line plots.
*I can analyze data to problem solve.
*I can continue to conduct my own surveys to collect, display, and analyze data.
*I can use Reflex Math for fact fluency, Zearn for extra practice with the daily lessons, and Khan Academy for enrichment and challenge.
READING: (Read-Aloud Discussions)
*I can discuss our read-aloud book, The Bell Bandit, with classmates.
*I can make predictions about our read-aloud book.
*I can identify the characters, setting, problem, solution, and theme/lesson in our read-aloud book.
WRITING: (A-Z Memory Books)
*I can brainstorm memories from my third grade year.
*I can write detailed sentences about my third grade memories.
*I can include illustrations to support my writing.
*I can participate in my final Bears' Den.
*I can use my iPad appropriately by only accessing apps and websites that I am directed to by my teacher.
*I can be a responsible digital citizen.
REMINDER: School dismissal is 30 minutes earlier (at 2:30 PM) EVERY Wednesday.
- All items packed in your child's lunch or snack, must be NUT-FREE. Some safe snack items include: fresh fruit, fresh vegetables, dried fruit, apple squeezers, fruit snacks, packaged popcorn, packaged pretzels.
Mrs. Nelson's Special Area Class Schedule:
- Mondays - Music
- Tuesdays - Music and Spanish
- Wednesdays - Art
- Thursdays - Spanish and Library (Don't forget your library book returns)
- Fridays - P.E. (Don't forget your gym shoes)
Special Area Teacher Contact Information:
- Spanish - Senor Jaramillo - [email protected]
- Music - Mrs. Ablan - [email protected]
- Library - Ms. Shea - [email protected]
- P.E. - Mrs. Patterson - [email protected]
- Art - Ms. Seatter - [email protected]
- Critical Thinking Skills- Mrs. Scaro - [email protected]
Instructions for editing work in Google Classroom:
- Select posted assignment in Google Classroom.
- Tap on PDF to open assignment.
- Tap pencil in top right corner.
- Use tools at the bottom of the screen to write on PDF.
- DON’T FORGET TO SAVE YOUR WORK (top right corner).
If you need to return to an assignment, tap on ‘Your Work’ at the bottom of the screen. Then tap on the ‘Edited’ PDF. You will be able to access your previous work.
To turn in assignments, tap on ‘Your Work’ at the bottom of the screen and tap blue ‘Turn In’ button.
- Friday, May 26th - Olympic Day (AM)
- Monday, May 29th - NO SCHOOL (Memorial Day)
- Wednesday, May 31st - 3rd Grade Rehm Park Celebration (8:45 - 11:00 AM)
- Friday, June 2nd - 2nd and 3rd Grade Kindness Market (1:30 - 2:30 PM)
- Friday, June 2nd - PTO End-of-Year Picnic (5:30 - 7:30 PM)
- Friday, June 9th - Last Day of School!
Follow our class on Twitter @MrsNelsonGrade3