Mrs. Nelson's Navigators - Room 238
You are all navigators on your exciting journey through 3rd grade!
Click HERE to learn more about Mrs. Nelson!
What are we doing in school this week? Click HERE for curriculum updates.
(This will be updated every two weeks.)
How can I help my child at home? Click HERE for some suggestions.
- Access our daily schedule HERE
- Once iPads start going home, please help your child remember to charge his/her iPad at home daily, and to bring it back to school each day so that he/she is fully prepared for class.
- Be sure your child comes to school each day with a water bottle filled with cold water. Water only please.
- Red take-home folder and assignment notebook - You should be seeing these go home every day. Please check the assignment notebook daily and sign off each night indicating that you have seen it.
- At Longfellow, our students can earn Bear Necessities for demonstrating respectful, responsible, and safe behavior. Each week, students may turn in their Bear Necessities to participate in a raffle. Students can also "pay" 15 Bear Necessities to earn a classroom reward such as: chewing gum in class, reading aloud to a different class, being the teacher's assistant for a day, etc.
- The approved snack list for third graders includes: fresh fruit, dried fruit, vegetables, apple squeezers, string cheese, veggie or fruit chips/sticks, Toasted Oats or O’s cereal, crackers (only plain or original like classic Ritz,) graham crackers, plain pretzels, Pirate's Booty, and plain popcorn. Due to several students with severe food allergies, these are the only foods that can be eaten inside of the classroom (for snack.) Sorry, but there can be no exceptions. My top priority is keeping all kids safe. You can pack anything you would like in your child's lunch box to eat in the lunch room. Students can eat their snack at any point during the day when they are hungry. Please pack the daily snack separately from the lunch box.
- Don't forget to bring library book returns back to school on Tuesdays and to bring/wear gym shoes on Mondays.
- Mrs. Nelson's Specials Schedule:
- Mondays - P.E.
- Tuesdays - Library and Music
- Wednesdays - Spanish
- Thursdays - Art
- Fridays - Spanish and Music
- Monday, February 17th - NO SCHOOL (Presidents' Day)
- Tuesday, February 25th - 3rd Grade General Music Concert - 8:30 AM
- Friday, February 28th - Last Day of 2nd Trimester (Report cards go home 3/13)
- Tuesday, March 3rd - Spelling Bee - 5:30 PM
- Wednesday, March 11th - IAR Math Test 1
- Thursday, March 12th - IAR Math Test 2
- Friday, March 13th - IAR Math Test 3
- Tuesday, March 17th - NO SCHOOL (Staff Institute Day)
- Wednesday, March 18th - IAR ELA Test 1
- Wednesday, March 18th - Longfellow Art Night
- Thursday, March 19th - IAR ELA Test 2
- Monday, March 23rd - Friday, March 27th - NO SCHOOL (Spring Break)
Follow our class on Twitter @MrsNelsonGrade3