We are ROCKING remote learning!!
Mantra of the Week: We've got this!
What are we doing in school this week? Here are the LEARNING TARGETS for 9/28 - 10/2:
*I can model division as the unknown factor in multiplication using arrays and tape diagrams.
*I can interpret the quotient as the number of groups or the number of objects in each group using units of 2 and 3.
*I can skip-count objects in models to build fluency with multiplication facts using units of 4.
*I can use the Zearn and Moby Max apps to review and strengthen my math skills.
*I can give myself a comprehension check and be sure I am being an active reader.
*I can make predictions based on what happened and knowledge of how stories tend to go.
*I can explain how I know something might happen in the story.
*I can retell a story, in parts, as I go.
*I can record my daily reading in my reading log and look for patterns in my reading.
*I can write fast and furious, without stopping after crafting a new lead.
*I can use mentor texts to give me ideas to try in my own writing.
*I can develop the heart of my story.
*I can write new paragraphs when I come to a new subtopic.
*I can keep my writing goals in mind as I write and work to make progress on those goals.
*I can make a plan, or a simple checklist, to help me learn.
*I can understand and demonstrate what it means to be a good digital citizen.
*I can successfully turn in assignments on time via Google Classroom.
*I can stay focused, participate, and be a good listener in Zoom breakout rooms and in the main Zoom room.
*I will use the chat feature on Zoom only when requested to do so by my teacher.
*I will keep my microphone muted unless I am called on to speak.
Our Daily Schedule:
Please note that there will be frequent breaks built into this schedule. Students will be encouraged to stand up, stretch, move around, rest eyes, use the bathroom, eat a snack, etc during our frequent daily breaks.
Mrs. Nelson's 2020-2021 Specials' Schedule:
- Mondays - P.E. (10:00 - 10:30) and Music (1:30 - 2:00)
- Tuesdays - Library (1:30 - 2:00) and Spanish (2:00 - 2:30)
- Wednesdays - Art (10:30 - 11:30)
- Thursdays - Spanish (1:30 - 2:00) and P.E. (2:00 - 2:30)
- Fridays - Music (1:30 - 2:00)
Instructions for editing work in Google Classroom:
- Select posted assignment in Google Classroom.
- Tap on PDF to open assignment.
- Tap pencil in top right corner.
- Use tools at the bottom of the screen to write on PDF.
- DON’T FORGET TO SAVE YOUR WORK (top right corner).
If you need to return to an assignment, tap on ‘Your Work’ at the bottom of the screen. Then tap on the ‘Edited’ PDF. You will be able to access your previous work.
To turn in assignments, tap on ‘Your Work’ at the bottom of the screen and tap blue ‘Turn In’ button.
Click HERE to learn more about Mrs. Nelson!
- Friday, October 9th - NO SCHOOL for students - Staff Remote Learning Plan Day
- Monday, October 12th - NO SCHOOL - Indigenous Peoples' Day
- Thursday, October 22nd - Friday, October 23rd - NO SCHOOL in the PM - Family/Teacher Conferences (11 AM Dismissal)
- Sunday, November 1st - HAPPY BIRTHDAY Khloe!
- Tuesday, November 3rd - NO SCHOOL - Election Day
- Thursday, November 5th - HAPPY BIRTHDAY Susanna!
- Sunday, November 8th - HAPPY BIRTHDAY Dev!
- Tuesday, November 24th - Last Day of First Trimester (Report cards will be sent home on 12/11)
- Wednesday, November 25th - Friday, November 27th - NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving Break
- Monday, November 30th - School Resumes
- Monday, November 30th - HAPPY BIRTHDAY Audrey M!
- Monday, December 14th - HAPPY HALF BIRTHDAY Adeline!
- Friday, December 18th - HAPPY BIRTHDAY Indra!
- Wednesday, December 23rd - NO SCHOOL in the PM (Winter Break Begins) - 11AM Dismissal
- Thursday, December 24th - HAPPY BIRTHDAY Pharrell! and HAPPY HALF BIRTHDAY Sadie!
- Thursday, December 24th - Friday, January 8th - NO SCHOOL - Winter Break
- Monday, January 11th - School Resumes
- Monday, January 18th - NO SCHOOL - Martin Luther King Jr Day
- Wednesday, January 20th - HAPPY BIRTHDAY KJ! and HAPPY HALF BIRTHDAY Taylor!
- Thursday, February 4th - Friday, February 5th - NO SCHOOL in the PM - Family/Teacher Conferences (11 AM Dismissal)
- Friday, February 12th - NO SCHOOL for students - Staff Institute Day
- Monday, February 15th - NO SCHOOL - Presidents' Day
- Sunday, March 7th - HAPPY BIRTHDAY Vivi!
- Friday, March 12th - Last Day of Second Trimester (Report cards will be sent home on 3/26)
- Monday, March 29th - Friday, April 2nd - NO SCHOOL - Spring Break
- Tuesday, March 30th - HAPPY BIRTHDAY Audrey G!
- Friday, April 2nd - HAPPY BIRTHDAY Kaelan!
- Monday April 5th - School Resumes
- Tuesday, April 6th - NO SCHOOL for students - Staff Professional Development Day
- Saturday, April 10th - HAPPY BIRTHDAY Wes!
- Saturday, May 22nd - HAPPY BIRTHDAY Simone!
- Monday, May 31st - NO SCHOOL - Memorial Day
- Tuesday, June 8th - HAPPY BIRTHDAY Max!
- Thursday, June 10th - Last Day of School / Last Day of Third Trimester (Report cards will be sent home on 6/17)
Follow our class on Twitter @MrsNelsonGrade3