Mrs. Nelson's Navigators - Room A205
You are all navigators on your exciting journey through 3rd grade!
Click HERE to learn more about Mrs. Nelson!
Students: Click HERE to take a survey so that I can learn more about you!
Parents/Guardians: Click HERE to take a survey so that I can learn more about your family.
Please remember to bring all of your school supplies with you on the first day of school. Click HERE for the school supply list.
What are we doing in school this week? Click HERE for curriculum updates.
(This will be updated every two weeks.)
How can I help my child at home? Click HERE for some suggestions.
- Access our daily schedule HERE (coming soon.)
- Once iPads start going home, please help your child remember to charge his/her iPad at home daily, and to bring it back to school each day so that he/she is fully prepared for class.
- Be sure your child comes to school each day with a water bottle filled with cold water. Water only please.
- Red take-home folder and assignment notebook - You should be seeing these go home every day. Please check the assignment notebook daily and sign off each night indicating that you have seen it.
- At Longfellow, our students can earn Bear Necessities for demonstrating respectful, responsible, and safe behavior. Each week, students may turn in their Bear Necessities to participate in a raffle. Students can also "pay" 15 Bear Necessities to earn a classroom reward such as: chewing gum in class, reading aloud to a different class, being the teacher's assistant for a day, etc.
- The approved snack list for third graders includes: fresh fruit, dried fruit, vegetables, apple squeezers, string cheese, veggie or fruit chips/sticks, Toasted Oats or O’s cereal, crackers (only plain or original like classic Ritz,) graham crackers, plain pretzels, Pirate's Booty, and plain popcorn. Due to several students with severe food allergies, these are the only foods that can be eaten inside of the classroom (for snack.) Sorry, but there can be no exceptions. My top priority is keeping all kids safe. You can pack anything you would like in your child's lunch box to eat in the lunch room. Students can eat their snack at any point during the day when they are hungry. Please pack the daily snack separately from the lunch box.
- Don't forget to bring library book returns back to school on Tuesdays and to bring/wear gym shoes on Mondays.
- Mrs. Nelson's Specials Schedule:
- Mondays - P.E.
- Tuesdays - Library and Music
- Wednesdays - Spanish
- Thursdays - Art
- Fridays - Spanish and Music
- Wednesday, August 28th - First Day of School (Regular (Wednesday) Dismissal Time: 2:30)
- Monday, September 2nd - NO SCHOOL (Labor Day)
- Tuesday, September 3rd - Curriculum Night - Time TBD
- Wednesday, September 4th - PTO Meeting - 7:00 PM
- Friday, September 6th - PTO Back to School Picnic - 5:30 PM
- Thursday, September 19th - Picture Day
- Monday, October 21st - Friday, October 25th - PTO Book Fair
- Thursday, October 24th - Parent/Teacher/Student Conferences - noon - 7:00 PM
- Thursday, October 24th - Early (11:00 AM) Dismissal for students
- Friday, October 25th - Early (11:00 AM) Dismissal for students
- Thursday, October 31st - Class Halloween party / all-school costume parade - 12:00 - 2:45 PM
- Friday, November 1st - NO SCHOOL (Staff Institute Day)
- Sunday, November 3rd - Daylight Saving Time Ends (set clocks BACK one hour before bed)
- Tuesday, November 5th - Mrs. Nelson returns
- Friday, November 15th - Last Day of 1st Trimester (Report cards go home on 12/6)
- Tuesday, November 26th - Career Day (8:30 - 10:30 AM)
- Wednesday, November 27th - Friday, November 29th - NO SCHOOL (Thanksgiving break)
- Friday, December 6th - 1st Trimester report cards go home - signed envelope DUE Monday, 12/9
- Friday, December 20th - Classroom Winter Party - 12:30 - 2:45 PM
- Monday, December 23rd - Friday, January 3rd - NO SCHOOL (Winter Break)
Follow our class on Twitter @MrsNelsonGrade3