1. The board received an update regarding the expansion project at Holmes Elementary School. This update included a recommendation from the district's Facilities Advisory Committee that the board approve an alternate east site expansion proposal and use existing classroom space instead of mobile units. This option would allow the expansion to be built on district-owned property and could result in cost savings because it may not require the relocation of utilities.
2. The board received a report/update on the district's major initiatives from the 2016-17 school year.
3. The board received a recommendation from the administration to purchase an annual subscription and training for AIMSWeb Plus, which is a platform that features a progress monitoring system and universal screener. This purchase would support the district's Multi-Tiered System of Supports goal to purchase a progress monitoring system and math universal screener for kindergarten and first grade.
4. The board approved the minutes from its meeting on April 26, 2017.
5. The board approved the following items on the consent agenda:
6. The board approved a resolution authorizing the honorable dismissal of full-time educational support personnel.
7. The board approved the appointment of Eboney Lofton as the senior director of special services.
9. The board approved the Leadership Role Committee's recommendations for the 2017-18 school year that were presented on April 26, 2017.
11. The board reviewed the final calendar for the 2016-17 school year. The calendar is being modified because the district did not utilize the five designated emergency days that were included in it when it was originally adopted by the board.
12. The board reviewed a recommendation from the administration and Facilities Advisory Committee to award the district's custodial supplies contract for the 2017-18 school year to Warehouse Direct.
13. The board reviewed a recommendation to appoint Dr. Alicia Evans to serve as the district treasurer from July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018.
14. The board reviewed several donation requests, including:
- Books for the district's libraries
- Two stationary wall mounted basketball backstops and a buddy bench for Whittier Elementary School
- Three water fountains and a water bottle retrofit kit for Beye Elementary School
15. The board reviewed the draft agenda for its regularly scheduled meeting on May 23, 2017.
16. The board received the Treasurer's Report for February 2017.