Below is the latest news, information and updates from our community partners, including the Collaboration for Early Childhood, the Oak Park Education Foundation, OPRF High School, the Oak Park Public Library, the Oak Park Township, the Park District of Oak Park and the Village of Oak Park.
Collaboration for Early Childhood
“Trick or Treat” for early childhood resources will be held on Saturday, Oct. 27 from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Oak Park Public Library (834 Lake St.). Parents and caregivers will learn about a variety of the early childhood resources and programs that are available in the community. The event is FREE and open to all parents and caregivers with children birth to 5 years old. Learn more about the event by visiting https://www.facebook.com/events/245754526087359/?active_tab=about.
Oak Park Education Foundation
Below are updates from the Oak Park Education Foundation (OPEF).
- Whole Foods has chosen OPEF as the recipient of the Community Giving Day it has scheduled for Thursday, Oct. 18. Five percent of all Whole Foods sales that day will go to benefit OPEF and the programs it brings to our schools. For more information, please visit https://www.opef.org/shop-enjoy-donate-with-whole-foods/.
- Come create, craft and collaborate at a free family-friendly Open House featuring all of the amazing OPEF programs. Super STEAM Saturday will be held Nov. 3 from 10 a.m. to noon at Beye School. For more information, please visit https://www.opef.org/events/open-house/.
Oak Park and River Forest High School
OPRF High School is seeking dedicated community members to apply for volunteer positions on its new Community Finance Advisory Committee (CFAC). Learn more about this opportunity by visiting http://www.oprfhs.org/board-of-education/Community-Finance-Advisory-Committee.cfm.
Oak Park Public Library
Below are links to several upcoming events being hosted by the Oak Park Public Library.
- Civics 101 - Oct. 18 and Nov. 15 at 7 p.m.
- Financial Literacy Series - Oct. 15 and Oct. 29
- Interfaith Dialogue Series - Oct. 24 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Oak Park Township
The Oak Park Township will be collecting unused prescription medication on Saturday, Oct. 27, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in conjunction with National Prescription Take Back Day. Learn more about this event by visiting https://www.facebook.com/events/1090264861152361/.
Park District of Oak Park
The 2018 Frank Lloyd Wright Races featuring a 5K Run/Walk, the 10K Run and the Youth Mile for ages 7 to 14 will take place on Sunday, Oct. 21. Register now for these popular races by visiting https://www.pdop.org/events/flwraces/.
Village of Oak Park
The annual fall leaf collection program is scheduled for Oct. 15 through Nov. 29, with seven pickups planned for each section of the village. More information, including the scheduled pickup dates for each section of the village, is available at www.oak-park.us/2018leafcollection.