Lincoln Expansion Project
Updated expansion schedule - May 22, 2019
Update for the week of May 20, 2019
Area A: Interior and exterior concrete masonry unit (CMU) will be finished this week, along with exterior framing and sheathing. An air barrier will be installed on the exterior CMU and sheathing next week. Brick will start by June 1. Overhead mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) rough-in is 70% complete. Interior framing will start by the end of May.
Area B: The roof is installed, and windows/panels will start next week. Brick will be finished this week. Interior CMU partitions and framing are complete; wall rough-in is in progress. Drywall will be starting the second week of June. Overhead MEP rough-in is 80% complete and will be finished mid-June.
Update for the week of Jan. 14, 2019
During its meeting on Jan. 15, the District 97 Board of Education received an executive summary about the status of the expansion project at Lincoln Elementary School. This summary included project updates, schedule updates, information from the most recent project meeting and details about the construction budget.
Update for the week of Jan. 7, 2019
A camera was installed at Lincoln to capture the progress of the expansion project. To view the video, please visit https://bit.ly/2D1pDvj.
Background information about the expansion project
During its meeting on July 17, 2018, the District 97 Board of Education authorized the development of bid documents for the expansion project that is scheduled to take place at Lincoln Elementary School, and includes the following additions and renovations.
- Addition of seven classrooms
- Addition of space for special education that includes a sensory room
- Addition/renovation of space for specials (art and music)
- Addition of an elevator and a chair lift to promote and provide improved accessibility throughout the building
- Renovation of some classrooms
- Renovation/expansion of the multi-purpose room
- Renovation of the library, which will include space to offer instruction in STEAM
- Renovation of space for student services (nurse, OP/PT, speech, social work, EL, etc.)
- Addition of conference and office space
- Performance of exterior site improvements that will include restoring play space disrupted by the expansion
These upgrades will enable us to effectively meet the needs of Lincoln’s growing student population, while also providing flexibility should the school’s projected enrollment require additional changes in the future. While no final decision has been made yet, our work on the building may also include the replacement of windows.
The budgeted construction cost of the Lincoln expansion project is $18.7 million. Please note that this figure may fluctuate based on the results of the bid process.
The goal is to complete the expansion by the start of the 2019-20 school year.
We will keep the community updated on the status of this project. You can also use our Let’s Talk system to send us your comments, questions or thoughts about the expansion.
We have created a topic on our Let’s Talk Page titled “Lincoln Expansion Project” that people can use to share comments, questions or feedback about the project. This topic and page can be accessed at https://tinyurl.com/LincolnLetsTalk.