The Community Mental Health Board of Oak Park Township, Oak Park Elementary School District 97, and DePaul University’s Community Counseling Center have partnered to deliver a vast array of educational and therapeutic services to staff, families, and youth. The “Mindful Middle-Schoolers Program” will offer staff training, parent workshops, groups and counseling for middle school students in Oak Park during the 2019-20 school year.
Below is a list of upcoming VIRTUAL talks, which will be held via Zoom. Registration via the eventbrite links below is requested. Once you register, a link will be emailed to you four hours prior to the start of each event.
For more information, please email [email protected].
Upcoming Virtual Community Talks (Open to All)
- Tuesday, May 12: Mindfully Coping: Strategies for Children and Families During a Pandemic https://www.eventbrite.com/e/coping-mindfully-strategies-for-children-and-families-during-a-pandemic-tickets-104362182096
- Wednesday, May 20: Strategies to Support Executive Functioning and Self-Regulation Development Based upon Brain Science https://www.eventbrite.com/e/strategies-to-support-executive-functioning-and-self-regulation-in-middle-schoolers-tickets-104370637386
- Wednesday, May 27: Mindfulness-Based Strategies and Their Applications in Academic Environments https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mindfulness-based-strategies-and-their-applications-in-academic-and-home-settings-tickets-104458977614
- Thursday, May 28: Understanding Anxiety in Youth and Strategies for Treatment and Support https://www.eventbrite.com/e/understanding-anxiety-in-youth-and-strategies-for-treatment-and-support-tickets-104370791848
- Wednesday, June 3: Technology and Mental Health: Strategies to Promote Mindful Digital Citizenship https://www.eventbrite.com/e/technology-and-mental-health-strategies-to-promote-mindful-digital-citizenship-tickets-104361018616
- Wednesday, June 10: Understanding Depression in Youth and Strategies for Treatment and Support https://www.eventbrite.com/e/understanding-depression-in-youth-and-strategies-for-treatment-and-support-tickets-104459673696