English Language Arts
The D97 K-5 English Language Arts curriculum is based on a balanced literacy framework. Balanced literacy is a model for instruction and a framework for organizing literacy instruction. The framework includes Read Alouds, Shared Reading and Writing, Independent Reading and Writing, Interactive Reading and Writing and Guided Reading in small groups. Instruction is delivered in a workshop model.
Curricular Resources in Reading
- Reading Units of Study published by Heinemann.
- Leveled and Classroom Libraries
- RAZ kids
Curricular Resources in Writing
- D97 uses Writing Units of Study published by Heinemann.
Curricular Resources in Word Study
- Phonics Units of Study published by Heinemann in grades K-2
- Words Their Way published by Pearson in grades K-5