The Community Mental Health Board of Oak Park Township, Oak Park Elementary School District 97, and DePaul University’s Community Counseling Center have partnered to deliver a vast array of educational and therapeutic services to staff, families, and youth. The “Mindful Middle-Schoolers Program” will offer staff training, parent workshops, groups and counseling for middle school students in Oak Park during the 2019-20 school year.
Below is a list of upcoming talks. We plan to offer these again in the spring in case you are unable to attend these dates. Registration via the eventbrite links below is requested. "Mindful Middle-Schoolers" Community Talk Flyer
For more information, please email [email protected].
Upcoming Parent/Staff/Student Training (Open to All)
- Wednesday, Feb. 5 (Julian): Understanding anxiety in youth and strategies for treatment and support https://www.eventbrite.com/e/understanding-anxiety-in-youth-and-strategies-for-treatment-and-support-tickets-91693133631
- Thursday, Feb. 6 (Julian): Mindfulness-based strategies and their applications in academic environments https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mindfulness-based-strategies-and-their-applications-in-academic-and-home-settings-tickets-91694206841
- Wednesday, Feb 26 (Brooks): Strategies to support executive functioning and self-regulation development based upon brain science https://www.eventbrite.com/e/strategies-to-support-executive-functioning-and-self-regulation-in-middle-schoolers-tickets-91694529807
- Thursday, Feb 27 (Brooks): Understanding depression in youth and strategies for treatment and support https://www.eventbrite.com/e/understanding-depression-in-youth-and-strategies-for-treatment-and-support-tickets-91695049361
- Wednesday, March 4 (Brooks): Technology and mental health: strategies to promote mindful digital citizenship https://www.eventbrite.com/e/technology-and-mental-health-strategies-to-promote-mindful-digital-citizenship-tickets-91695360291
- Wednesday, March 11 (Julian): Social-emotional needs of today’s Middle-Schoolers https://www.eventbrite.com/e/social-emotional-needs-of-todays-middle-schoolers-tickets-91695907929