2022 Team Information
6th/7th Grade Roster
2022 Julian 8th Grade Basketball Roster
Practice Schedule 2022
Game Schedule 2022
Directions to away games
Sports Physical Form - PLEASE HAVE AN UPDATED PHYSICAL ON FILE WITH THE NURSE (renewed every year)
Frequently asked questions
1. Will there be any covid restrictions this year? Answer: I do not anticipate any restrictions for players or fans at home or road games.
2. Is basketball a "cut" sport? Answer. Yes. There will be at least 1 round of cuts, possible two, depending on the # of kids who tryout.
3. How many kids will make the team? Answer: The 6/7th grade team (JV) and the 8th grade team (Varsity) will each have anywhere from 12-17 players.
4. Can 6th graders make the 6/7th grade JV team? Answer: Yes. It happens every year. That being said, the majority of the JV team usually consists of 7th graders.
Other questions? Contact one of the Coaches (emails below) or contact Principal Christian or Assistant Principal Carr.
Varsity (8th Grade)- Coach Ryan Gates [email protected]
Junior Varsity (6th-7th Grade)- Coach Connor Fuller [email protected]
Link to Adam Taylor's Taylored Intensity Fall Training Program
2018-19 OPRF Village Champions! (3-peat)
2017-18 Village Champs (Repeat)
Coach Ryan Gates (8th) - [email protected]
Coach Connor Fuller (6th/7th)- [email protected]
Junior Varsity Team
Recent Achievements (since 2013)
JV West Suburban Conference Tournament (13 teams)
- 1st Place - 2013-14, 2015-16, 2019-20, 2021
- 2nd Place- 2017-18
- 3rd place-
6th/7th Grade Village Tournament
- 1st Place - 2015-16
- 2nd Place - 2013-14, 2014-15, 2016-17
8th Grade West Suburban Conference Tournament (13 teams)
- 1st Place - 2016-17
- 2nd Place - 2015-16, 2017-18
- 3rd place- 2013-14, 2018-19, 2021-22
8th Grade OPRF AL ALLEN Village Tournament (No tournament since 2019)
- 1st Place - 2016-17, 2017-18, 2018-19
- 2nd Place - 2013-14, 2015-16, 2019-20
8th Grade Fenwick Tournament (16 Teams)
- 1st place 2016-17, 2019-20
- 2nd place 2015-16, 2017-18, 2018-19, 2021
- 2015-16 6th/7th Grade (23-0)
- 2021-22 6th/7th Grade (16-0)
- 2013-14- Isaiah Fuller
- 2014-15: Naiel Khaaliq
- 2015-16: Jeremiah Williams/Jaylen Davis
- 2016-17: Joshua Smith/Rashaad Trice
- 2017-18: Demetrius Dortch
- 2018-19: Sam Lewis
- 2019-20: Antoine Glasper
- 2021- Logan Johnson
The 2019-20 Jayhawks finished the season with a record of 26-9 and a conference record of 13-3. The Jayhawks finished 2nd in the conference in the regular season and lost by 1 point to Brooks in the semi-finals of the conference tournament. The Jayhawks also finished in 2nd place of the OPRF Village, losing another very close game to Brooks. The Jayhawks played many of the top teams in Illinois and faced 3 teams from out of state, going 2-1 in those games. Antoine Glasper and Oscar Johnson were chosen to be all-conference and Antoine Glasper was the MVP of the team. Good luck to the former Jayhawks in high school.
The 2018-19 Jayhawks overcame great adversity to finish the season 24-9 (13-3). 8th grade stars Rodney Murphy and Sam Lewis both suffered serious season ending leg injuries. Despite the loss of Murphy in early in the season, the Jayhawks were still able to win the OPRF Village Tournament for the 3rd year in a row. Sam Lewis was tournament MVP and Antoine Glasper, Oscar Johnson, and Sean Jones were named All Tournament. The Jayhawks defeated crosstown rival Brooks 2 of 3 times on the season, giving Brooks their only 2 losses on the season. With Rodney and Sam healthy again, we look forward to seeing them back on the court dominating in high school this year.
The 2017-18 Varsity Jayhawks finished their season with a 25-5 record. The Jayhawks were OPRF Village Champions and finished 2nd place in the conference regular season, 2nd place in the conference tournament and 2nd place in the Fenwick Tournament. The Jayhawks went 5-0 against crosstown rival, Brooks. Good luck to the boys as they continue their careers in high school.
2016-17 Varsity Jayhawks finished with a 33-4 record and were the Champions of the Conference Regular Season, Conference Tournament, OPRF Village Tournament, Fenwick Tournament, and Kenwood HS Tournament. Good luck to the former Jayhawks as they continue their careers in high school!