Online registration for students who are returning to District 97 for the 2019-20 school year is scheduled to begin Monday, May 13. Below are the three steps that are required for completing this important process. We have also included information about:
- Changes to our residency requirements that apply to families that rent or live with Oak Park residents; and
- Permissive transfers.
All documents required for proving residency and completing online registration must be submitted to the district by August 1, 2019. Students will not be placed on a class list or have middle school schedules generated until the registration process is complete.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please email [email protected] or call the district office at 708-524-3000.
Returning Registration Process
- Infosnap Email/Link: An email will be sent to the parent/guardian who is registered as the first point of contact in our system. This will likely be the parent/guardian who originally registered the child, unless prior arrangements were made with the district office. There will be a link in that email that you will use to log in to your Infosnap account. In order to complete this step in the process, you will need the email address and password you last used to access your account. If you have forgotten your email or password, you will need to contact Infosnap Family Support at 1-866-752-6850. The district registrar does not have the ability to look up or change usernames and passwords.
- Verify Information and Upload Residency Documents: Once you have logged in to your Infosnap account, please verify or update any pre-populated information. Families who rent or live with Oak Park residents will need to upload the documents that are required for proving residency. While homeowners will not need to submit residency documents this year, our ongoing efforts to make the registration process more equitable and inclusive for all of our families will likely impact the requirements for these individuals moving forward. IMPORTANT: If you will not have your updated lease or residency documents at the time you wish to re-enroll, you can still complete the online registration. However, students will not be placed on class lists or have middle school schedules generated until their families have finished the online registration and submitted their proof of residency. This process must be completed by or before August 1.
- Submit: Once you have verified the information and uploaded any necessary documents, hit the submit button to complete the application. Your student is not considered re-enrolled until you click submit. If the button is greyed out for you, it means that a mandatory field on the application has either been left blank or a date or phone number is in the incorrect format. Please be sure to thoroughly review your information before completing the application because you will not be able to make changes to the form after you submit it.
Changes to Residency Requirements
- Renters: In order to comply with the Village of Oak Park’s ordinance regarding residential rental agreements (Code 12-2-11), families that are renters must now provide the district with an updated version of their current lease that features the names of every individual who resides in a rental unit, including the students. If you are a renter, or residing with an Oak Park resident in a rental unit, you are encouraged to reach out to your landlord as soon as possible to obtain an updated lease.
- Lives with Oak Park Resident: If you reside with an Oak Park resident, but are not the leaseholder or homeowner, you must provide a signed and notarized “Lives with Oak Park Resident” form, along with your required proof of residency documents.
Acceptable Proof of Residency Documents
Please visit https://www.op97.org/hr/residency-requirements to view the documents that must be provided by families that are renters, live with Oak Park residents, or are “in lieu of lease” due to a family trust or inheritance.
Need assistance scanning and uploading your proof of residency for your returning student’s registration? The district will have designated "Residency Upload Days" where you can come into the district office to get help scanning in your required documents and submitting your registration online. Please see below the specific dates and times:
- Thursday, June 27: 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, July 11: 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 24: 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 1: 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 8: 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Permissive transfers are granted for students who move to a new school attendance area, but want to remain at their original neighborhood school for a variety of reasons. Families that have moved or plan to move to a new attendance area should apply for a permissive transfer between June 1 and August 1, 2019. For more information, please visit https://www.op97.org/hr/permissive-transfer.