6th Grade Entering Information for 2022-2023
Incoming 6th Grade Transition Bulletins shared with families:
- Incoming 6th Grade Transition Bulletin #1 (April 5, 2022): District 97 Vision, International Baccalaureate and School Culture, Academic Schedule/Teaming
- Incoming 6th Grade Transition Bulletin #2 (April 22, 2022): Academic Schedule and Team Assignment
- Incoming 6th Grade Transition Bulletin #3 (April 29, 2022): Extra-curricular Activities
- Incoming 6th Grade Transition Bulletin #4 (May 6, 2022): Homework, PowerSchool and Canvas
- Incoming 6th Grade Transition Bulletin #5 (May 13, 2022): FAQ (Medical, Lockers, IDs, Communication, etc)
- Incoming 6th Grade Transition Bulletin #6 (May 20, 2022): Important Summer Information
Welcome To Brooks Events
- March 25, 2022 from 6:00-7:00pm- Parent and Guardian Zoom Orientation
- March 26, 2022 from 5:00-7:00pm- In-Person Building Tours of Brooks
- March 27, 2022 from 8:30-9:30am- Coffee with Capuder
Elective Showcase Presentations (2022)
Information regarding elective selection for our incoming 6th grade students will be shared in February or March of 2022. Please see the links below to access the Showcase presentation and Elective Course Descriptions.
Incoming 6th Grade Summer Information
- Math placement letters will be sent home in May/June 2022
- Student Schedules will be mailed one week prior to the start of school which is Wednesday, August 24, 2022
- Wellness Physical and Sports Physical must be turned in by first day of school
- Dental exam form Illinois law requires all students in kindergarten, second, sixth, and ninth grade or any new student new to Illinois schools, to have a complete dental examination by May 15th of that school year.
- 2021-2022 6th Grade Supply List (SY23 information to be updated soon)
- New Families after you register, you need to contact Brooks Office to make 6th grade course selections.
What's the difference between Canvas and Powerschool? View this presentation to find out.