6th Grade or New Student Entering Information for 2022-2023
Incoming 6th Grade Transition Bulletins shared with families:
- Incoming 6th Grade Transition Bulletin #1 (April 5, 2022): District 97 Vision, International Baccalaureate and School Culture, Academic Schedule/Teaming
- Incoming 6th Grade Transition Bulletin #2 (April 22, 2022): Academic Schedule and Team Assignment
- Incoming 6th Grade Transition Bulletin #3 (April 29, 2022): Extra-curricular Activities
- Incoming 6th Grade Transition Bulletin #4 (May 6, 2022): Homework, PowerSchool and Canvas
- Incoming 6th Grade Transition Bulletin #5 (May 13, 2022): FAQ (Medical, Lockers, IDs, Communication, etc)
- Incoming 6th Grade Transition Bulletin #6 (May 20, 2022): Important Summer Information
Welcome To Brooks Events
- March 25, 2022 from 6:00-7:00pm- Parent and Guardian Zoom Orientation
- March 26, 2022 from 5:00-7:00pm- In-Person Building Tours of Brooks
- March 27, 2022 from 8:30-9:30am- Coffee with Capuder
Elective Showcase Presentations (2022)
Information regarding elective selection for our incoming 6th grade students will be shared in February or March of 2022. Please see the links below to access the Showcase presentation and Elective Course Descriptions.
Incoming 6th Grade/New Student Summer Information
- Math placement letters will be sent home in May/June 2022
- Student Schedules will be mailed one week prior to the start of school which is Wednesday, August 24, 2022
- Wellness Physical and Sports Physical must be turned in by first day of school
- Dental exam form Illinois law requires all students in kindergarten, second, sixth, and ninth grade or any new student new to Illinois schools, to have a complete dental examination by May 15th of that school year.
- 2021-2022 6th Grade Supply List (SY23 information to be updated soon)
- New Families after you register, you need to contact Brooks Office to make 6th grade course selections.
New School Year August Welcome Events
Our student and family Welcome Event will be held over two evenings. During these opportunities, your student will receive the following information Bus Route (if applicable), Student Locker/Lock assignment, opportunity for your student to walk their schedule and place school supplies in their locker, pick up student ID, meet PTO and learn about extra-curriculuar opportunities. Incoming 6th grade and New students will get a Brooks T-Shirt from PTO and will pick up a Chromebook and return IPad (if returning student).
Students can come alone or with their family. You should plan to spend 30-60 minutes, if your student plans to walk their schedule.
6th Grade and New Families Welcome Event: Wednesday, August 17th from 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Brooks TShirt will be given to all incoming 6th graders and new students (Stop by the PTO table)
- IPads from 5th grade will be collected and Chromebooks will be distributed to 6th graders and new students.
7th & 8th Grade Welcome Event: Thursday, August 18th from 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
**It is preferred that you attend on the designated night for your student as we are distributing lockers and locks as well as IDs, but if you are unable to attend during the assigned day, we will accommodate. Please email Ms. Angelcia Love ([email protected]) for more information.
What's the difference between Canvas and Powerschool? View this presentation to find out.