Kristi Murray believes in teaching art through the lense of art therapy, social justice and activism making connections with history, culture and contemporary arts and events. She believes all her students are artists and encourages them to voice their own ideas in a choice-based envrionment where all feel safe and welcome.
As a visual artist, Mrs. Murray works with a variety of materials. Most of her work has some textural upcylced aspect working in mixed media, paintings, fibers and found objects, and leather jewelry. She has a passion for interior design and creating spaces that are organized and inspiring.
- Lives in Oak Park with husband and 2 kids
- Loves to dance, practice yoga, take walks and explore nature
- Favorite place to vacation... Jamaica or anywhere with heat and the beach!
- Led most of the public art projects at Brooks
- Used to run the dance program
- Hosts after school art club
- Has taught Fine Arts, Applied Arts, Arts and Culture and Art Foundations
- Developed the ever-popular Upcycling Extravaganza show and fundraiser (Spring)
- National Board Certified Teacher
- MAT in Interdisciplinary Arts, Columbia College
- BFA in Sculpture, Univeristy of Kansas